Having a baby on Thursday!

eddoakley

Mrs Edd is booked in for a c section on Thursday. Our 1st.

We chose not to find out the sex which seems unfashionable these days.

Can't say that I'm particularly nervous which I'm a little surprised about.

So just how nervous have others been and who has chosen not to find out the sex?

Edd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is due November 20th and is currently convinced that little one is coming tonight 🙃 so nervous yes. Excited more than anything also our 1st but found out the sex as the wife wouldn't wait. Hope all goes well for you it's a great precious time in life.

Mrs Edd is booked in for a c section on Thursday. Our 1st.

We chose not to find out the sex which seems unfashionable these days.

Can't say that I'm particularly nervous which I'm a little surprised about.

So just how nervous have others been and who has chosen not to find out the sex?

Edd

I didnt know the sex of any of my four. We had girl, boy, boy, girl. Not knowing the sex was imo exciting.

I wasnt nervous but I am sure my wives were.

Good luck.

Didn't want to know! Just wanted a healthy baby. When chris was born he was premature. He was so small we had difficulty getting clothing his size! Through the ensuing years I found he has various health problems! But I wouldn't have it any other way! He was not planned. I dislike the term (accident) it makes a child seem worthless! He was not planned, but made me very happy. My life changed the day he was born, and I have enjoyed every day of the past 22 years. I still treat him like a child now in respect to spoiling him. He is everything to me. I hope the Mrs C Sec goes smoothly and your a happy chap very soon. :good:

All the best to you, the Mrs and your unborn :D

Didn't want to know! Just wanted a healthy baby. When chris was born he was premature. He was so small we had difficulty getting clothing his size! Through the ensuing years I found he has various health problems! But I wouldn't have it any other way! He was not planned. I dislike the term (accident) it makes a child seem worthless! He was not planned, but made me very happy. My life changed the day he was born, and I have enjoyed every day of the past 22 years. I still treat him like a child now in respect to spoiling him. He is everything to me. I hope the Mrs C Sec goes smoothly and your a happy chap very soon. :good:

All the best to you, the Mrs and your unborn :D

That just about sums it up LG, my youngest has his problems due to a chromosome disorder, at 13 he is well over 6ft tall but he will always be my little boy. He was C section too because of his size. 11lb 4 oz.

We didnt find out with both of ours and both were 2 weeks over due, induced and then emergency C section must admit I cried after both. Think it was down to a mix of emotion, sleep deprivation and relief I found the whole birth thing quite stressful as I felt powerless to help my wife although everyone involved in the c section deliveries were amazing so calm and reassuring in the way they went about their work and the atmosphere in the operating room. Good luck and try to enjoy the whole experience

Our was delivered by planned C section due to potential complications. It was the most surreal experience. Neither me or my wife were nervous, it was almost like booking into a hotel. Turned up shown to a room, everything so relaxed. Waited a few hours, wife was called in for pre meds. 20 minutes later I was called into theatre, 20 minutes after that I was holding my daughter. It was amazing and bizarre in equal measure. Especially as it had taken so long to get to that stage, then nearly losing her at 19 weeks. I don't think either me or my wife had allowed ourselves to believe it could really happen.

Edited by arm3000gt

How old are you all??

Im still avoiding it with the good method, pull it out and up her back 😂😂

Coffee on keyboard moment!!

It seems there are quite a few here who didn't find out the sex. I've had far more people telling me that they had to know than saying that they waited.

Lots of people said it was so they could be prepared!

I can't imagine any preparation being different? It's a baby. It won't care what colour clothes or bedroom it has. All it will want to do is eat, sh#* and hopefully sleep.

Edd

Coffee on keyboard moment!!

It seems there are quite a few here who didn't find out the sex. I've had far more people telling me that they had to know than saying that they waited.

Lots of people said it was so they could be prepared!

I can't imagine any preparation being different? It's a baby. It won't care what colour clothes or bedroom it has. All it will want to do is eat, sh#* and hopefully sleep.

Edd

All I wanted was a healthy baby and on the last one we couldn't find out.

The mrs has another scan in 3 weeks and she wants to know but I'm not bothered. I'll find out soon enough :)

I remember the midwife asking us if we new what we were having, they were so happy it was a surprise, it makes picking names lots of fun as well, funnily enough we went girl boy and each time we had picked a name we were happy with for girl then boy but wasn't sure about opposite name, turned out it didn't matter once the wife had checked the brand new baby suited the name 😄

As for sleep , good look some do some don't.

'course in our day, there was no such luxuries as ultra-sound, and you only knew what you were getting when the little dear popped out. It made decorating the nursery a very rushed affair whilst mother and new-born spent their week or so in the maternity ward.

Nowadays, it was only a matter of hours before our daughter was turfed out of the maternity suite with our youngest grand-daughter and their nursery had been decorated for weeks

We paid for a private scan thing at the earliest possible juncture to find out the sex. Lady Seagrave hates surprises, and we wanted time to prepare ourselves if it was going to be a gurl :lol:

As it happens, Little Lord Seagrave (3 1/2) is into My Little Pony, unicorns and princesses, so the joke appears to be on us...

I hope that the delivery and aftermath are as easy as they can be. Make sure Mrs Edd gets to hold him/her as soon as possible after delivery - the staff were very keen to get Little Lord Seagrave off and cleaned and weighed and all the rest of it the moment he arrived, but I had been waiting for my moment (the only thing I remembered from antenatal classes) and politely insisted Lady S be allowed to nurse him from the off.

Oh, and the smell of blood and s£!t is a bit of an eye-opener, even for us huntin shootin fishin types.

:good:

LS