Xmas pressy for pregnant wife

MBW

Looking for some ideas guys, struggling to think of a Christmas present for the wife this year, come Christmas she will be heavily pregnant, it's not been an easy time for her, so I'd like to get her something that will cheer her up a bit. She has more jewelry than you can shake a stick at, so don't want to go down that route. I think clothes will be a dangerous game. She's into shooting but I don't think she will be up for a days shooting or stalking. She isn't a girly girl and wouldn't thank me for makeup and that jazz. my lightbulb moment was a new tattoo, but turns out they aren't wise for pregnant women, don't really want to get her something she has to wait ages to use, anyone got any ideas? Budget approx £200

dont know if this floats your boat...........but when my daughter was born i had 2 18ct gold full size nappy pins made...(before the days of chuck away nappies...just used to leave them soaking in a bucket over night before washing)................the nappy pins i perloined and used them for a scarfe pin on my driven days.........

Slippers

Dressing gown

Pj's

Fooooood

Bath salts, candles,

Moisturisers etc for stretch marks.

Fluffy socks

Books,

This is a list off my pregnant mrs ;)

I bought her a flying lesson last year ;) and they have a 9 month date on them .

At least mines given me ideas now :)

Oh and Winnie bezza , you and me are going through it this xmas

Nursing chair with stool thing. Comfy to sit on at Christmas with feet up. Mighty useful in the first couple of months when the little one is out. Once had your use out of it sell on and use money for something else.

Decent glider rocker with rocking stool. Still using ours and the child is three before the end of the year. Lots of very expensive ones available, lots of very cheap second hand ones. I've bought them for as little as £20. I gave one to a friend as a present, beautiful beech wood and suede cushions, cost my £20. My husband loves the rocker, won't let me get rid of it. Top tip: buy one with removable cushions. It's amazing what can get on them.

The the thing I appreciated most after birth is my cleaner. Get a cleaner in for a while after birth if that's the kind of thing she appreciates.

Edited by ehb102

Slippers

Dressing gown

Pj's

Fooooood

Bath salts, candles,

Moisturisers etc for stretch marks.

Fluffy socks

Books,

This is a list off my pregnant mrs ;)

I bought her a flying lesson last year ;) and they have a 9 month date on them .

At least mines given me ideas now :)

Oh and Winnie bezza , you and me are going through it this xmas

Well my one said maybe we shouldnt do Presents this year as weve got to buy a new 2 seater Pram/pushchair cot and she wants a new car seat ready for little one in feb. I think the reason she said that is because she wants a double pram that is about £1k 🙈. I think Im gonna put my foot down on paying that for a bloody pram.

A wheel barrow? :lol:

Treat her to a pamper day and some clothing vouchers for after the birth! I wouldn't buy any clothes. Some find it hard to get back to their previous figure and buying something in her pre pregnancy size can be a little upsetting if she can't get back there!

Oh I think she has one or more of those coming Mate! :lol:

Well my one said maybe we shouldnt do Presents this year as weve got to buy a new 2 seater Pram/pushchair cot and she wants a new car seat ready for little one in feb. I think the reason she said that is because she wants a double pram that is about £1k 🙈. I think Im gonna put my foot down on paying that for a bloody pram.

I thought your other was walking

If she still wants to get out and about, what about show tickets for her and her mum/sister/best friend.

I have done this for the last few years for my fiance (now wife), mum, sister and MIL. They have gone down a storm. I get matinee tickets and they go out for a meal afterwards.

What women want in a present is pain and thought - they want to see that youve given it (and them) some proper thought and that what you have done / got them involved some pain eg some aggravation or cost to you (such as your time or your money).

I object to any gift that is pointless or is disposable eg has only a limited use or will soon end up in a bin. Thats a waste of time and money and its not what memories are made of.

I dont know what the answer is but if you apply this to your relationship I guarantee you wont go wrong.

I like the gold nappy pin idea - expensive and with a bit of thought. Also, if you fall in hard times you can always cash them in :lol:

Decent glider rocker with rocking stool.

My mrs would kill me if i bought her anything baby/pregnancy related as an xmas present. I think its a bit like buying your wife something like a new Iron for Xmas. They are very useful though and i spent hours asleep in our one with the kids.

Edited by ferguson_tom

My mrs would kill me if i bought her anything baby/pregnancy related as an xmas present. I think its a bit like buying your wife something like a new Iron for Xmas. They are very useful though and i spent hours asleep in our one with the kids.

Ah, well, that's a personal choice thing. I don't get presents any more,, I get guns and game days. I like gadgets, and I like upgrades. I had a cheap chair out of the household budget, but I could have had a posh one as a gift. I have had a new iron as a gift. It was a very expensive iron, Which? recommended, and still using it. Not that it's got much mileage :-)

Lots to think about, thanks everyone who has posted, keep the ideas coming. Liked the spa day ideas, however got it on good authority from a colleague that preggo spa days are pretty guff. Have been looking at mother to be massages, anyone know if they're any good?