Wellies!

walt1980

Raided the piggy bank and need to buy some wellies. Ive got Aigle parcours something at other, brilliant boots but really really warm (think theyre 5mm neoprene lined!)

After some warm but not silly warm ones, looked at Dubarry Wexford gtx but at £380 I was a bit wary! Le Chameau leather gtx looked good and comfy, £300 is ok.

Looked at Ariat as well.

Any others worth a look at? Ideally gore tex and full zip

Ok I get that a wellies thread is a bit repetitive, nearly as much as which is the best cartridge/Choke/wad? But things change and new products come out.

Having said that Ive gone for Chameau leather lined jobbies, will be trying them out in Wales on Monday!

(Nearly went for the Hunter Pheasants, couldnt find any socks to match tho!)

Wait till either Lidl or Aldi are selling their own.

£20 a pair and cracking value, we use them and can't fault them!

We should have a

"Which socks are best for my wellies" thread instead next year.attachicon.gifripon-pheasant-wellies_1.jpg

We should have these as PW compulsory purchase scheme.

You first! :rolleyes:

Ill let you know Monday lol

The cost comes from being leather lined rather than neoprene or cotton lined, theyre also I think hand finished in France again after switching production back to France after it went somewhere else and went downhill.

They probably are a bit overpriced but a few mates have them and some are 10 years plus old and still waterproof and the linings are still intact.

I personally think the Dubarry boots are a bit more of a fashion boot and that comes with a bit of a premium.

If anyone's interested? I have a pair of top of the range, leather lined Le Chameau wellies, brand new in the box with all labels, etc as they were supplied, size 10......cost £325....can't wear Wellies now, as I have had left ankle surgery, and the other one is due for further surgery later this or early next month.

£280.00 to include postage, no offers please at this price!

Are £300+ wellies really worth the money?

I'm genuinely curious, I can't imagine spending that much on wellies. How much of that £300 is paid for the label?

This is why Ive stopped buying top end Wellington boots.

Ive had Hunter, Barbour, Aigle and lastly Muckboots.

Without exceptions none have lasted more than a couple of seasons, so have now gone back to boots.

I have Meindl; and last Saturday on a beat one/stand one I managed to wade through water anyone in wellies could and still have dry feet.

Even Le Chameau boots last longer than any wellies Ive owned. Its a shame as I quite like a good pair of wellies.

Couldn't ever spend £300 on wellies, I had a pair of landmaster heavea which lasted about 13 years never a leak just walked through the sole but the design has changed, my Aldi ones didn't last a year but for about £20 what do you expect, both boots split at the heel.

Currently wearing a thermal wellington described as light weight, the grip and tread depth is amazing but boy are they heavy.