I was with ISIS and now I want to come home.

TIGHTCHOKE

Its quite funny the way he described his 2 years with IS.

'I went on hols to Turkey, then decided to just pop over the border to visit the new caliphate'

'I carried an AK in IS uniform, but didnt terrorise or kill anyone !'

'Playstation and bike rides !'

'Hopefully I wont do much time, then I can write a book about it'

He makes himself sound like a gentle baddie from a childrens fantasy novel.

Write your book, but do it from your cell in Syria or Iraq.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a classic PW off topic thread, well done Dave 😝

For those combatants captured overseas they should face the justiciary system of that state.

The problem is under the terms of international agreements such as the Geneva convention the foreign nation are entitled to deport the prisoner back to their home country, or the UK could request he is transferred back. I think he can also petition both goverments to ask for his sentence to be transferred to the UK.

In the case of Jihadi Jack he will be tried in a military court by the Kurds and then if imprisoned the UK can ask for their "prisoners of war" back. As yet the UK have made no such approach and we cannot offer consular assistance to him as we have no embassy in that part of thw world.

I think given that we preach about good values globally we do need to accede to the terms of international convention should the Kurds wish to deport him, but if the Kurds were to sentence JJ to life then that is exactly what he should serve here.

I don't believe we shoukd ask for his transfer back and I don't believe we will.

It was all over the papers yesterday , Any returning are to get free council houses and job sweeteners in a bid to stop them attacking britain . They reckon theres 20,000 and giving them a house and job will stop them attacking britain , Terror hotspots are Birmingham ,Manchester and London

Thank christ im Scottish

I think he could be of some value to ongoing investigations/attempts to tackle radicalisation and recruitment.

I'd let him in, but lock him up without any chance of release at all. And only on the condition that he's willing to cooperate entirely with any line of questioning police choose to throw at him.

Failing that, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to accommodate him in this country. He made his bed, he should lie in it. I couldn't give two sh*ts what happens to him over there once he's ratted out.

Edited by DanBettin

I don't buy that they're returning because they've seen the light. Traditionally the middle eastern "fighters" have always melted away after a while and gone back home until the next calling or urge takes them. They're not like a european standing army. Letting them back in is just to placate a certain community that our politicians are so fearful of and appeasing to. It's just bottling up trouble as they grow stronger and more numerous. Already our security services can't keep track of them and so far we have been relatively lucky as regards domestic attacks compared to say france..

Edited by TriBsa

I'd be thinking our politicians were deliberately trying to bankrupt the country if they welcome them back with free top of the list housing and benefits to be nice boys and girls on the outside but radicalise more friends and family in secrecy. Surely even the dummest mp's could see that would occur. Notice I didn't capitalise mp's as I'm really thinking a lot of them no longer deserve that respect.

Geneva convention don't apply they don't wear uniforms or follow the criteria to come under it. Same as the Taliban. But we as a weak nation allow them to be treat and protected by it.

As I remember it, a declaration of war must exist between the nations or states involved, for the geneva convention to apply.

And yes it does make us look a bit stupid letting them back in with 'sweeteners' given the atrocities committed against civilians both in Iraq and Syria, and also the acts of terrorism committed in the name of IS in the west.

Surely by being a member of the group responsible for acts like the Manchester bombing ect, they are guilty of such crimes by association ?

Put them in prison and they just spout their nonsense and brainwash others.

http://news.sky.com/story/lee-rigbys-killer-michael-adebolajo-has-helped-convert-prisoners-to-islam-11106882

They are constantly protected to ensure there safety as there high profile targets yet not closely monitored in their little extremism groups, so the problem is just worsening and there are potentially an increasing amount of sleeper cells leaving prison over the coming years with no prospects and deep hatred for everybody outside of their ideology.

I honestly see no fix but eradicating these people or completely lock them down with no contact to other inmates and live a live of solitary in a confined box with no luxuries and a hole to dump in. (This obviously would infringe their human rights too so they need to have a happy life behind bars)

I find it odd that we can send out drones and have ISIS members killed without any discussion, no trial, no mitigation - just killed.

On the other hand we have the odd numpty talking about letting them come back and treating them better than veterans of our own army.

Remove passport/citizenship (which I HAD thought they WERE doing)

Stateless person = rot in Syrian jail or traded to other extremist ISIS type regimes in a prisoner exchange.
Failing that, Machine Mart hire out wood chippers - someone could make a few quid in the fish food/"chum" business.

Home Office propose giving ISIS returnees preferential treatment, then wonder why the .gov is a laughing stock with next to no respect from the population?
Yet our own ex-HM Forces personnel are mostly ignored & swept under the carpet...Go figure!!

Well here you go;

Taken from a recent Times article

"Mark Rowley, the most senior police officer for counter-terrorism, told the home affairs select committee that a significant proportion would face prosecution. However, he added that in other cases there may not be enough evidence, such as social media propaganda, to make charges viable".

Blimey what a cop out!

I find it odd that we can send out drones and have ISIS members killed without any discussion, no trial, no mitigation - just killed.

On the other hand we have the odd numpty talking about letting them come back and treating them better than veterans of our own army.

Yep, much better if they can be killed as part of a combat operation.

Despite what the tabloid press may like to suggest, because it sells copy and has much of the PW collective frothing and foaming at the mouth, there is zero likelihood that any UK national who can be shown to have fought for ISIS will come back under anything like favourable terms.

How should we treat this chap?

According to the Torygraph yesterday (page 8, can't do links) The home Office is considering pilot schemes to reintegrate jihadists and terror suspects. This could include providing social housing (rent paid) and other benefits.

What an obscene idea. I agree with guzzicat. They went there, so stay there. No return.

The Home Office WILL have already considered this and will cetainly 'reintegrate war criminals such as these ***. Our Government has a total lack of * in whatever they do.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: