Range Rover Sport

DanBettin

Shoguns not reliable? Not as comfy as a Range Rover no but I know what I would rather rely on. I know so many people with disco 4s that have had one thing after another, and not small issues.

I still think the Range Rover of that year is the best looking one they have made, as people have said they can be a bit of a pot luck buy. Although you buy an expensive car you expect bigger repair bills as they get older. All the people I know with Range rovers all day they wouldnt have one out of warranty.

Right, id love to see that swap 🤣

?? Domt quite get yoyr comment.

I didn't mean an actual swap as in an exchange but getting rid of one and buying tother.

Most people have said that I would miss the luxury more than I would appreciate the different driving fun.

Edd

If you get something with full service history that's been looked after it's probably as good as anything, the problem comes when people run things like Disco's for 3-4 years, don't fix or maintain all the little things that go wrong (and they do !!) then sell them on. You buy it, then discover there's lots of little niggles to fix.... stupid things like air-con not working, elec windows not working properly, ABS sensors and traction control. things that are not essential, but can be very expensive to put right, especially if you can't do it yourself. However if you're already running a Porsche I guess the spectre of looming potential expensive repair bills should be something you're used to....

I've had my Discovery 2 for three years, and I had to sort a load of stuff on it during the first year, but it's been pretty reliable for the last 12 months.....I imagine the newer stuff should be better built and more reliable

If you get something with full service history that's been looked after it's probably as good as anything, the problem comes when people run things like Disco's for 3-4 years, don't fix or maintain all the little things that go wrong (and they do !!) then sell them on. You buy it, then discover there's lots of little niggles to fix.... stupid things like air-con not working, elec windows not working properly, ABS sensors and traction control. things that are not essential, but can be very expensive to put right, especially if you can't do it yourself. However if you're already running a Porsche I guess the spectre of looming potential expensive repair bills should be something you're used to....

I've had my Discovery 2 for three years, and I had to sort a load of stuff on it during the first year, but it's been pretty reliable for the last 12 months.....I imagine the newer stuff should be better built and more reliable

Very true - I once read that if you can't afford to buy a Range Rover new, you won't be able to run a secondhand one!!

Shoguns havent been reliable for a long time. Out of the ones mentioned I like the Discovery has more seats if needed and looks less dated and a lot more of a country motor.

Most rrs never see grass never mind a rutted track.

If most of your miles are on tarmac Id have a good drive of the X5 as theyre supposed to be better on the road to drive.

I agree of them all the disco is more of a country motor but what countryman can afford them now I'm talking people who work on farms and pest controllers farriers things like that. They are so bloody expensive

Lovely looking cars though

I had a TDV8 sport, lovely to drive and the Engine was super smooth. The main problem with the sport is the high cost of parts and you may well need a few in a short space of time as well. The best one is the V8 petrol Vogue if you can afford to fill it. Have a look at the Ford Seeker pick ups on the bay, I have seen them at shows and they are impressive .

Its a tricky one - we are looking at changing the wifes MPV and she has specified 4x4 and automatic.

If we are going to buy something I might have to drive I would like it to keep up with the traffic and have a bit of go - thats my only criteria.

Anyhoos, I have plenty of friends who have owned Rangey Sports and there is no way on gods green planet I would contemplate one.

If you dont mind slow and manual then theres plenty of choice but quick and auto, theres not much to choose from unless you really want to crack open the piggy bank.

Edited by Mungler

Its a tricky one - we are looking at changing the wifes MPV and she has specified 4x4 and automatic.

If we are going to buy something I might have to drive I would like it to keep up with the traffic and have a bit of go - thats my only criteria.

Anyhoos, I have plenty of friends who have owned Rangey Sports and there is no way on gods green planet I would contemplate one.

If you dont mind slow and manual then theres plenty of choice but quick and auto, theres not much to choose from unless you really want to crack open the piggy bank.

Another SQ5 then?!

I had my 911 for 10 years and changed for an Range Rover Sport. The Porsche was great but unless you're doing track days, which I no longer had time to do as much as I'd like, it's a waste if time where I live as you can't use it.

I would love a 911 as well but in fairness where can you use any car to its full potential in uk without plod clocking you?

Another SQ5 then?!

It is the do all vehicle but the one I have is leased through work and we change every 2-3 years. I could never part with that kind of money in cash for something thats just going to lose money. Its also not the sort of car to pick up in a few years second hand because I reckon most will have had a hard time (I feel sorry for whoever got my last one :lol:) and its all expensive main dealer laptop servicing.

It is the do all vehicle but the one I have is leased through work and we change every 2-3 years. I could never part with that kind of money in cash for something thats just going to lose money. Its also not the sort of car to pick up in a few years second hand because I reckon most will have had a hard time (I feel sorry for whoever got my last one :lol:) and its all expensive main dealer laptop servicing.

Very true. I got the 3.0v6 sline, but didnt fancy the sq5 partly to the reasons you mention. The 3.0litre with a remap is a bit of a sleeper!