Moving house advice

Phil9

Hiya guys.. Bit of advice please,, I get the keys for my new house on Thursday and was wondering,after I informed GMP and sent off my certificates,, can I move and fix my cabinet in my new house or do I have to wait till my certificates come back????

You can move and fix cabinets before informing GMP. It is your responsibility to ensure that the guns are secure. inform them after its done. I'm doing the same in 3 weeks. I've bought a larger safe, that's getting fitted then I will move the guns in take out the old safe and sell it. I will inform W Yorks within 7 days of my move date.

When I moved from Lancs into Merseyside 2 years ago, on the advice from the FEO at Lancs, I simply moved house, fitted the cabinet at new address, got my guns back from a shooting pal (where they had been left for safety during the move) and put into cabinet. I then notified Merseyside who sent the local FEO out to check security. 3 weeks later I received my new Merseyside Certificate, I then posted my old one back to Lancashire HQ,

I moved last week, I moved into the new place, fitting safe and relocating guns in the new gaff. I was staying within the same FEO area.

I sent an email to the force but I always sent a text to the feo for the heads up (yes a text, he is great like that) he told me to keep hold of my certificate until he comes and he will bring my new one and swap it for my old one.

Durham have come a long way from what they used to be like.

When you move get your guns secured in gun cabinet then send your licence in with new address They prob call out for look

I initially had my licences granted living at my parents home. Im currently in a different area however I retain the original address (as it is my family home) and I could go back there.

Ive also put a cabinet in the house Im renting. I spoke to the licensing authority of both areas. Nether seemed interested in coming out to have a look and they said no need to change tickets as I still hold the originally address.

When I buy a house as opposed to rent I will be putting them in for a change of address/area.

I believe the original authority requested the one Im currently at come and inspect but the bloke told me its my responsibility to make sure theyre secure.