What’s the scam here

johnny

Hi, i am the owner of the Audi Q5 TDI V6 S Line can't call you because of my deafness disability, please email me for more info amandabb791@gmail.com

I emailed about 2 cars off eBay and have had the same message just changed car details from different sellers.

Whats the scam?

Hi, i am the owner of the Audi Q5 TDI V6 S Line can't call you because of my deafness disability, please email me for more info amandabb791@gmail.com

I emailed about 2 cars off eBay and have had the same message just changed car details from different sellers.

Whats the scam?

If I wanted to convince you I was a little old lady and not a ***** or east european gangster, I probably wouldn't want you to ring me.

The upshot to this is you turn up to collect your bargain car with several grand in cash in your pocket...and get turned over.

Just had this from one of them surprise surprise. Do people really fall for this.

The 2009 Audi Q5 3.0 TDI V6 S Line is available and yes we can have a deal for £5,250.I am the registered owner and i have all documents.This car is in excellent working conditions, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 93,000 miles,no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. HPI clear. It has full service history.

The car is still in UK at a shipping company http://Auto-express-ltd.co.uk/ and i can have it shipped to your location (I will pay the shipping) and we will use them as a third party.I am in Sweden with my daughter and my sister for the next two years this is a reason for selling the car

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Thank you

Amanda Bailey

Other one is the request to use Google Wallet and deal outside of Ebay.

Was after a Range Rover once and I got the old “car is in Aberdeen where I work off shore” , I said that’s ok as I’m up in Aberdeen too for work soon.

Then they changed to “well I’m on ........ship/rig and we have limited internet, plus I’m divorcing my wife and don’t want her to know so don’t contact her”

All very bizarre , especially when included in his email sig was a link to his supposed employer- problem was this so called employer only operated research vessels in the Pacific!!!!

Johnny, I had a friend a good few years ago who tried to buy a Porsche. Allegedly from a squaddie posted in Germany. He also said it was being held by a shipping company. My mate checked the consignment number and also ran checks on the shipping company. It all checked out a car dealer friend also checked it. He even was tracking the cars movements online. Anyway the upshot was it was a scam and the £5K deposit along with the Porsche were never seen again.

Edited by Delwint

Johnny, I had a friend a good few years ago who tried to buy a Porsche. Allegedly from a squaddie posted in Germany. He also said it was being held by a shipping company. My mate checked the consignment number and also ran checks on the shipping company. It all checked out a car dealer friend also checked it. He even was tracking the cars movements online. Anyway the upshot was it was a scam and the £5K deposit along with the Porsche were never seen again.

Your friend parted with 5k before he'd even seen a motor?

Give him a bell and ask him if he wants to buy my magic beans 😂

You have magic beans? How much?

I am unable to message you as I am deaf and have a club foot.

But if you could let me have your mother's maiden name and the last four digits of your bank card pin number then we can proceed with the sale.

I am currently working on the international space station, but the beans (magic variety) can be delivered to any address in our solar system- next day signed for.

Yep £5k down the swanny, and the guys no fool he’s a multi millionaire businessman (however this time it seems he was) and this was 10+ years ago before a lot of these internet scams became so prevalent

Then again if it looks to good to be true it invariably is lol

If only you were closer.

I am unable to message you as I am deaf and have a club foot.
But if you could let me have your mother's maiden name and the last four digits of your bank card pin number then we can proceed with the sale.
I am currently working on the international space station, but the beans (magic variety) can be delivered to any address in our solar system- next day signed for.

I bet if you search enough a 'real' advert with the same car for sale can be found.

When I was buying my defender I saw an absolute minter for sale but it was priced at about £15k instead of £18-19k I had to look as assumed it would be CAT D or whatever but it was one of these scams.. i found the proper advert with the defender listed at £18.5k

In the description was some bull about not being able to discuss over phone and some weird arrangement of collection. Just reported them and moved on.

They had at least 10+ adds to same email address on eBay for defenders alone.

I only ever browse ebay for such purchases, I don't know why but I can't bring myself to make a high value purchase through that platform.

I just use piston heads classifieds and AT

Edited by evolution380