Imminent Forum Software Update

Teal

The forum software we are currently using needs to be updated. I have delayed this as long as possible, but it is now important for security that we carry out this update, as the old software is outdated.

It will make some quite significant changes to the appearance and functions on the forum, and to be honest, several of these would not have been our preferences or choice.

What will happen once we deploy the update, is that we will keep monitoring how it settles down, and where we can make changes to improve it we will certainly try our best to do so! :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The forum software we are currently using needs to be updated. I have delayed this as long as possible, but it is now important for security that we carry out this update, as the old software is outdated.

It will make some quite significant changes to the appearance and functions on the forum, and to be honest, several of these would not have been our preferences or choice.

What will happen once we deploy the update, is that we will keep monitoring how it settles down, and where we can make changes to improve it we will certainly try our best to do so! :)

Hi teal

what will be the known changes ?

atb

7diaw

reminds me of the Maureen Lipman advert: "We don't like change do we Norman?

Think the BBS has just done an upgrade but it's gone Pete Tong.

Crumbs - good luck to them it fixed, I can see what you mean. A thankless task, could be here next week.

Regarding details of the changes, quite hard to describe them. Functionally should be much the same, just some things have changed colour and moved around a bit.

Will the updated forum support direct uploaded images?

Crumbs - good luck to them it fixed, I can see what you mean. A thankless task, could be here next week.

Regarding details of the changes, quite hard to describe them. Functionally should be much the same, just some things have changed colour and moved around a bit.

Will the photo uploader, uplaod a larger image size more inline with today's cameras? I have to cut my picture size down to 25% at the moment

It always causes "unrest" when the Forum is updated, but we have little option when we know that security updates will be withdrawn from the current build.

I am one of the biggest moaners, but even I get use to the new set up eventually. I moaned about this one when it first appeared and now I am going to moan when it disappears. :rolleyes:

Its probable that there will be a number of layout and "skin" options available to us that will keep this Forum looking a bit different from others and all of that work will be in the hands of Teal and he hasn't let us down yet. :good: