Imminent Forum Software Update

Teal

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One annoying thing is reading a topic without logging in, you read the posts and decide you would like to reply to a post on that topic, so you click login and it jumps to the home page, you then have to start searching for the post you were about to reply to, the old site did not do that.

when I receive an email notification of a reply to a post some of the characters are not displaying correctly, like the one I received today, 'What's the ultimate all round gun'.....its no hardship but thought I would point it out.

On the old site you could see at the bottom of the page who and how many members were reading a topic, can we not have this back?

As the 'new content' button been replaced with 'Unread content'?

Edited by old'un

Is there a pc and mobile version as when I veiw the forum now I don’t see post counts locations or where members are from. Much like the mobile version of the old format ? 

Noticed the themes choice at bottom of page has gone too. Not that any other themes were available at the time. 

Edited by figgy

8 minutes ago, figgy said:

Is there a pc and mobile version as when I veiw the forum now I don’t see post counts locations or where members are from. Much like the mobile version of the old format ? 

Noticed the themes choice at bottom of page has gone too. Not that any other themes were available at the time. 

If you are on a PC try making your viewing window bigger. There are no longer two themes (mobile/PC) Instead it is responsive, so it adjusts based on the size of screen viewing it.  When small some of that non-critical info is hidden. Give it a try.

Before the update - when logged in (on mobile) if there's new posts on a thread I've previously read, when I click on that thread it took me to the first new post... now it just goes to post #1 and I've to make my own way to newest post/posts.

Site is fine otherwise, i just find that a little annoying

Edited by Harry Callahan
Spelling

More than a little annoying, what about the threads that go for twenty or so pages, lots of fun to be had scrolling through trying to find where you left it, like reading a book with no bookmark and each page taking five seconds to turn. 

Unfortunatly if I was a new member here I wouldn’t stay long as this site I now very awkward to use, It’s only because I know how good it can be that I’m still looking, fingers crossed it gets better  

Edited by JBS
This was supposed to quote the post above but again hard work now after the update

JBS, it is new and it may not be what the old one was but it had to be done.

I'm sure Teal and the Moderators didn't just choose to change things for the sake of it.

In a week or so most people will have accepted the update, learned where everything is and just be getting on with using the Forum.

14 minutes ago, JBS said:

More than a little annoying, what about the threads that go for twenty or so pages, lots of fun to be had scrolling through trying to find where you left it, like reading a book with no bookmark and each page taking five seconds to turn. 

Unfortunatly if I was a new member here I wouldn’t stay long as this site I now very awkward to use, It’s only because I know how good it can be that I’m still looking, fingers crossed it gets better  

Click on the black dot to the left of the topic name and it will take you to the first unread post (same as the old system). 

27 minutes ago, JBS said:

if you just press the plus symbol by quote it brings up a box saying 1 quote, press this then type below, you will also get a msg because I have quoted you. I'm managing so far and I'm far from great where comps(phones) are concerned.

46 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

JBS, it is new and it may not be what the old one was but it had to be done.

I'm sure Teal and the Moderators didn't just choose to change things for the sake of it.

In a week or so most people will have accepted the update, learned where everything is and just be getting on with using the Forum.

Yes I understand this and I’m sure we will all get used to it because we enjoy the site so much, I suppose we are spoiled by big sites like Facebook and eBay etc making constant changes and updates that simplify our experience without losing past benefits whereas this new forum layout seems more of a needs must experience, I feel like I’ve gone back to using a Nokia after having an iPhone

If it's a multiple page thread with no new content and you want to go to the last post just click the page number of where you want to go then it's just that page you have to scroll down,

on mobile devices it always used to take you to the last post but on PC's it never did, you had to do what i described above

:shaun: