Imminent Forum Software Update

Teal

4 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

If it's a multiple page thread with no new content and you want to go to the last post just click the page number of where you want to go then it's just that page you have to scroll down,

on mobile devices it always used to take you to the last post but on PC's it never did, you had to do what i described above

You can also go to the last post in any thread by clicking on the time that last post was posted, which is stated just below the posters avatar.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know if its just me but when I click a topic and it opens there may be a number of pages, if I then click on say page 3 or next it does not load but just hangs for ever, strange though if I click on the refresh button the page loads, tried Firefox and IE, does the same on both.

This only seems to happen if I am not logged in.

pigeon watch.jpg

Edited by old'un

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

So how do I get to new content and my messages on the phone? 

Did I mention I hate change ?

ps it’s caused a frost here aswell and broke my spellcheck 

Frost here too. I'm trying to bring some woodcock in on this moon!

Top right click on the three line button, it will then popup a list of things, but at the top a message icon you can click to go to view messages/inbox. Also when a new message comes in I think you should get an indicator up there?

New content is the button again top right, but the one on the left (if that isn't an oxymoron). The button to the right of that currently shows "my content", but is not working quite as intended, as it only shows own topics, and not posts, so work to be done there. Final button is search. 

5 minutes ago, Teal said:

Frost here too. I'm trying to bring some woodcock in on this moon!

Top right click on the three line button, it will then popup a list of things, but at the top a message icon you can click to go to view messages/inbox. Also when a new message comes in I think you should get an indicator up there?

New content is the button again top right, but the one on the left (if that isn't an oxymoron). The button to the right of that currently shows "my content", but is not working quite as intended, as it only shows own topics, and not posts, so work to be done there. Final button is search. 

Ok thanks 

I give it a try ?

all the best 

of

Assuming you are using a computer, if you have it copied right click and paste? Or ctrl+v, provided you have already copied it? I think it then pastes in direct. Alternatively you can upload by dragging file where the paper clip or clicking "choose files..." - this is below the text box.

Ha I've been trying to get in but hadn't thought about actually logging in again. :)

Now testing if I can attach an image.

Ah - I'm only allowed to upload 296.96kb ATM

It'd be nice if we could have strike out text options if possible.

Edited by Dave-G

24 minutes ago, Teal said:

Assuming you are using a computer, if you have it copied right click and paste? Or ctrl+v, provided you have already copied it? I think it then pastes in direct. Alternatively you can upload by dragging file where the paper clip or clicking "choose files..." - this is below the text box.

Thanks for your fast reply Teal , I will give it go and see how I get on , it might take me a little while to fathom it out but I am sure I will get there in the end , as long as you don't change  it again before I have got it sorted :lol:

36 minutes ago, Teal said:

@Dave-G give it a try now with an image?

Here goes - according to what I see below I can upload a max file size of 76.61mb now lol 

You sorted that out well my 'ansum:good:

I ought to have posted up a file of my paving block work in the post I ran some time ago but got distracted. Anyhow - i did in fact fit the blocks upside down and I think they look much nicer - and less seed will likely get lodged down the sides of them.

X-TRAIL.JPG

Edited by Dave-G

42 minutes ago, Teal said:

I have just tried it by copying a photo off the ibb site and clicking ctrl+v and it works a treat , thanks again for your help , much appreciated .

Two further points.

When I click on a topic I am taken to the first posts rather than the latest. This for instance I had to find on page seven having been taken to post one.

In 'new content' I have tried to set it for 'since last read' but it keeps reverting to 365 days.

15 minutes ago, JDog said:

Two further points.

When I click on a topic I am taken to the first posts rather than the latest. This for instance I had to find on page seven having been taken to post one.

In 'new content' I have tried to set it for 'since last read' but it keeps reverting to 365 days.

Somone did already state how to solve these, if you click on the black circle/star next to the topic title it will take you to the last place you read the post and if you want to go to the last post then click on the time link at the bottom.

Hope this helps