Teal

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading a topic without logging in.

Ok I'm reading a topic and now wish to reply too a post, so I go to the top of the page and click login, the page then jumps back to the home page, why does it not stop on the post/topic you wish to reply to? Don't think the old forum did that?  

There will be an obvious answer that I have not spotted....but if you look at say 'Off Topic' and look down the topics, some have just a day and time (Tuesday at 17:23) others only have the month and day date (November 2).

Edited by old'un

22 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Ha I've been trying to get in but hadn't thought about actually logging in again. :)

Now testing if I can attach an image.

Ah - I'm only allowed to upload 296.96kb ATM

It'd be nice if we could have strike out text options if possible.

I see that's been implimented too thanks. :good:

so what's strike out text?

I found yesterday that images that were near the limit wouldn't load, and if I wanted to put on more than one photo then I had to wait between loading them, before I just put them on individual but didn't have to come off the thread?

as i hate change i dont like it, i knew where everything was before, now i dont, just took me 10 mins to send ditchie a PM, 

im sure given time i will figure it all out, but at the moment i cant be bothered, i keep clicking on then realising its changed then leave,

change is inevitable doesnt mean i have to like it:lol:

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

well I've never used it because I don't know how so wouldn't have missed it, but thanks DM

also like the notification you get when someone quotes you and the fact you can go straight to it, so less hunting about.

It's the text option S, just click it and then type whatever you want to. When you want to stop, just click it again and you should revert to normal text. The same being true for the other options, Bold, Italic and underlined.

Alternatively type your text then left click your mouse and highlight whatever text you want to alter and then click the option you wish to use.

Yes the notification is quite a nice new touch.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'm still doing exactly the same as before? Am I missing a trick?

I'm using an iPad or iPhone, I can just use the pictures I have taken by clicking "click to choose files" then it asks me if I want to either take a photo/video or choose one from my library or cloud storage,

what method do you use?

:shaun:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, shootgun said:

I do not get notifications when someone pm me or post on a thread i started, even though i had checked all the settings and is all in order...

There is a button on the bottom left corner when you start a reply that says "notify me of replies" have you tried clicking that?

Why is there just an avitar to the side of a topic on main screen....much better before when you could see who last posted and what post it was in....now its just a pointless bubble and a time of post which means nowt if you dont whose avitar it is....hope this makes cence.......

For example off topic now has a pink circle with M in it and 1min....

Edited by millrace

28 minutes ago, millrace said:

Why is there just an avitar to the side of a topic on main screen....much better before when you could see who last posted and what post it was in....now its just a pointless bubble and a time of post which means nowt if you dont whose avitar it is....hope this makes cence.......

For example off topic now has a pink circle with M in it and 1min....

The pink circle is those that haven't yet uploaded an avatar pic, the one you have mentioned is your last post, you haven't a pic so it uses the first initial of your username

Yea i know that it means i dont have avatar wouldnt have a clue how to post 1 either and frankly have no interest...lol...my point was this part of the old layout was more user friendly and more informative than just the avatar we have now......

Other than that layout ceems fine tis what it tis after all......