Imminent Forum Software Update

Teal

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after a couple of false starts, things didn't go exactly to plan... the first update caused a serious corruption. So @Andy had to strip everything back to the backup in order to start again - thank you! Unfortunately as a result of this we have lost about 4 hours worth of posts - if your post was lost my apologies!!

Also because of the massive time over-run I just haven't had the time to get some of the changes I had hoped. I'm going to call it a night now, and although I'm not too optimistic about the comments in the morning, please bear in mind there are some edits and changes to come!

There are some good new features - which I'm sure we'll all discover in due course :lol: there are also some background processes that are being run to fix the formatting of old posts/messages, and this could take a couple of days as well. Eg old images and emoticons.

I use my phone to view pigeon watch most of the time and I use the classic desktop not the lighter phone version. Is just the new format that looks quite like the phone version of the older platform or am I not seeing the button to choose how I view it. 

Right that’s me bamboozled by the gibberish I’ve just written :lol:

I really like it. 

Uh oh. it just bonged at me to tell me of a new reply. NOOO! why does everything these days bong at you?? There must be a turn off feature...Surely I can de-bong my account.

Other than that, I think it's a great layout Still feels different to all the other forums out there and is nice and user friendly. Great work, Teal

Edited by chrisjpainter

Looks good, just a couple of points, 1/ I see that avatars have changed to a circle which as chopped some of the detail of their picture, 2/ I can no longer see who and how many members are online, apart from that I guess we will get used to it.:good:

ok just seen on home page, who's online, right of screen:blush:

Edited by old'un

14 minutes ago, old'un said:

Looks good, just a couple of points, 1/ I see that avatars have changed to a circle which as chopped some of the detail of their picture, 2/ I can no longer see who and how many members are online, apart from that I guess we will get used to it.:good:

You're right! my ears look like they've gone three rounds with Mike Tyson now...

or at least it did. A bit of editing brought mine back

Edited by chrisjpainter