Imminent Forum Software Update

Teal

46 minutes ago, Teal said:

Good spot @Scully yes this is an issue - I know how to fix it but it will have to go through existing forum posts, I will run it in the early hours of tomorrow morning so it doesn't hopefully affect use of the forum today.

Hope you can get time for sleep while sorting this. Must be full time and overtime at the moment.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Hmm - I've not seen this error myself. There is a background process of reindexing posts and members, and so this could be the issue. Certainly search will not be working properly until this has taken place. Can you let me know if this is still showing, or if it works?

Still getting the error message when viewing Members, if I click on "next" or a page number it will come up with the following...

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 16 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

41 minutes ago, old'un said:

Still getting the error message when viewing Members, if I click on "next" or a page number it will come up with the following...

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 16 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

Thanks, just adjusted something. Could you give it another try?

10 minutes ago, Teal said:

Thanks, just adjusted something. Could you give it another try?

Bingo  :good: working.

Bloody hell bet you could do with some zzzzz

Was the upgrade due to your hosting company not supporting software running older versions of PHP?

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Bingo  :good: working.

Bloody hell bet you could do with some zzzzz

Was the upgrade due to your hosting company not supporting software running older versions of PHP?

Not quite - the older version of PHP (5.5.9) had security updates until 2019. However InvisionBoard, who provide the forum code had stopped supporting version 3.4.x recently, thus meaning if there were bugs in that it would have been problematic.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

scully, I'm on my mobile, have you not got emoji symbol at top of text box when your typing? :yahoo:that's one off here and one off my windows phone.

however when I clicked on this topic it took me to start if thread rather than where I had read upto? :/

ha ha wouldn't allow the emoji from my phone

On the main forum there is a black dot or star click on that and it will take you to last reply from where you read from hope that helps

52 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

On the main forum there is a black dot or star click on that and it will take you to last reply from where you read from hope that helps

Yep just tried it cheers martin, and I had an alert saying I had been quoted, all new and good once we figure it out 

5 minutes ago, vampire said:

New forum change and its only taken me 15 minutes to find my way in:lol:

What are the ranking black dots for/mean ?

I think its down to the number of posts made.  There used to be a ranking system based on how high your post count was, and I suspect its a hangover from that