Pellet pens

Walker570

I've just had to tubeyou that.

Won't work in the 97K or the ultra(why load a magazine to load a magazine?).

Struggling to see the benefits, if I did have a breaker I used for pest control I can guarantee I'd have broken the pen within 20 minutes.

Still if we all liked the same thing we'd all be shooting 97k's 😁

Yes, exactly and when those fingers have been used daily for over 70 yrs...creeping up on 80, they do not work quite as designed. Arthritis kicks in to start with. In addition there are some who have a disability and cannot pick up a single pellet, but if someone loaded one or two of these pens and similar tools for such as TX200 they would find life much easier and still enjoy their shooting.

Seems there cheaper if you get them posted from the state.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Pellet_Pen_Holds_20_177_Cal_Pellets/2934

Quick look on Amazon and flebay cannot believe the prices there asking, sure the magazines used to say use a biro or old pen?

The Yank sites are about 10 dollars plus postage, get someone in the states to post a couple for you?

Just had a brainwave on the way to work, twistables anyone with kids will know what I mean, there a crayon that retracts and extend that come in different sizes, could work I will have a look tomorrow, if it works then probably get twenty pens for a tenner 🤓

Yes, exactly and when those fingers have been used daily for over 70 yrs...creeping up on 80, they do not work quite as designed. Arthritis kicks in to start with. In addition there are some who have a disability and cannot pick up a single pellet, but if someone loaded one or two of these pens and similar tools for such as TX200 they would find life much easier and still enjoy their shooting.

He wrote this? Chubby fingers getting on

Walker570 - dare I suggest you "upgrade" ( I use the term carefully ) to a PCP? You can charge it at your leisure and prefill several magazines that can be kept in your pocket and swapped as needed - not sure on the legality of carrying filled mags but might be an answer to your problem?

Thanks Bruno but I like my TX200 and have a small pellet holder which loads that for me. OK, I'll come clean. I have designed and made a small applicator to insert the pellet into the TX200. Ultra Stu had one of the prototypes and his comments helped a great deal. I now have it almost sorted but transferring pellets from pouch, tin, pocket whatever is still a chore. The pellet pen might just be the answer. As Stu said the fiddling was a downside but to load the loader from a supply of pellets would make things much easier. Most of my air rifle work is from static positions, so having a couple of those pens full of pellets instead of fiddling with old fingers would work great. Some of you youngsters need to appreciate your dexterity whilst you still have it. Growing old ain't for whimps :no:;)

Now then, I haven't tried this with pellets but had a brainwave whilst hard at work? Standard bic biro, still with me, take out nib and ink bit( technical term) the bore at the back end of the pen just allows a 5.5 mm drill bit so probably too tight( find out at 8-20) for .22 hopefully not to slack for your .177(4.5mm).

load in your pellets at home, or let the misses do it for you, in my mind your loading device allows only one pellet in at a time? you use the second biro which is normal to push your pellet in as if you were putting the ink part back in.

its not going to be super secure with only the pen lid holding in the pellets but you could put the pens in a cartridge wallet.

hopefully give you something to play with over breakfast.

:hmm:

Thanks Mice but I am already way ahead of you. I have a selection of pen tubes which I plan to modify. Cut a slot in the side to allow a small button to press the pellets down . I am just looking through all my 'rubbish' to find a soft rubber tube just slightly smaller than 177 to keep the pellets in the end but allow one at a time to be pushed out. I am assuming this is how the commercial pellet pens work.

Off subject just a touch ... managed to load the TX200 yesterday with the aid of my loader and kill 11 grey tree rats. Only dropped six pellets into the leaf cover:no: 

Edited by Walker570