Bodidris shoot

snow white

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, only just come across this post.

I' on the 120 bird syndicate at Bodidris and have also booked few extra days there. The birds are very testing and this season they have a gun bus to take you around the shoot.

Dave and his team do a great job flushing the birds over the line of guns.

They have a few days left up for grabs for this season from small 50 bird days up to 150 bird days.

This is a link to one of the YouTube videos of the shoot 

Sorry didn't respond after our day there.... Seemed like a nice group of people but we won't be going back.  The birds didn't really perform but that happens sometimes and i get that. Nothing wrong with that not the shoots fault maybe they didn't want to fly with all the snow. We nearly shot the bag but the majority of that was shot on the last drive when people knew we were no where near the bag and people were shooting average birds. One gun in particular was shooting a lot of low birds through the day and that wasn't managed well. They have lots of birds around and nice ground though. However there was a lot of walking involved. Some of the pegs were 300/400 yards + from where we were dropped off and over steep ground. On one drive I was pointed to my peg and told it was round a bush, up a slope and then over the fence and into the field. The fence had double strands of barbed wire on top of it and No way over it so I had to go on hands and knees though a sheep hole. Not very classy. The catering  really was very disappointing I felt for a day that was £650 a peg. 11s was a few shop brought budget snacks and a single bottle of prosseco for 8 guns and therefore a small glass each. On a very cold snowy day nothing warm was offered in the field, even a tea or coffee. Dinner was a simple pheasant stew. It was tasty but not a drink with it. Not trying to slag the place off just giving my opinion. It was a day made up of single guns and small groups. Other PW members were there so I'll see if they agree or disagree with my views. Sure that some of the drives can show cracking birds. But knowing that birds sometimes don't work out, I really don't get why shoots don't make an effort with catering etc so  everyone gets a nice day out even if the shooting isn't as expected. 

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your day lukepulford, I shall pass on your feedback to the keeper.

I've shot there for the last 3 seasons (as both a single gun and part of the syndicate) and know what birds they produce, yes some drives are better than others in the respect of hight and challenging birds, but I believe that gives all abilities in the line a chance to bag a bird.

Yes there is a bit of walking to pegs, as is the same for most shoots, however they do have a "gator" type vehicle to take guns to the pegs if requested.

Not defending the video in any way, but it was a syndicate day and on that particular drive, the guns at the top of the hill move down with the beaters, so not wandering around at will as such, also the dog tied to the waist stops her running in  (my fault for not training her properly)?

Old farrier, did you notice the little 20 in the line? The video doesn't show the true hight of the birds and know you would enjoy that drive. Think of "The Nant" on the Crown and then add some more. 

9 hours ago, shoot and be safe said:

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your day lukepulford, I shall pass on your feedback to the keeper.

I've shot there for the last 3 seasons (as both a single gun and part of the syndicate) and know what birds they produce, yes some drives are better than others in the respect of hight and challenging birds, but I believe that gives all abilities in the line a chance to bag a bird.

Yes there is a bit of walking to pegs, as is the same for most shoots, however they do have a "gator" type vehicle to take guns to the pegs if requested.

Not defending the video in any way, but it was a syndicate day and on that particular drive, the guns at the top of the hill move down with the beaters, so not wandering around at will as such, also the dog tied to the waist stops her running in  (my fault for not training her properly)?

Old farrier, did you notice the little 20 in the line? The video doesn't show the true hight of the birds and know you would enjoy that drive. Think of "The Nant" on the Crown and then add some more. 

hi sabs

Think your missing the point it is a huge safety concern shooting with a dog tied to your waist , looks like you have a good stick there why not use it or better still have the person filming you hold her .

hope this helps you understand and live up to your username .

Edited by magman

1 hour ago, shoot and be safe said:

No offece taken old farrier ?

I make a valid point magman and I will take it on-board ?

SABS,

I knew that you would deal with the two posts above in a sensible way.

I once saw a dog pulling on a lead attached to it's owner and the dog pulled him over whilst he was mounting on a bird. Thankfully no shot was taken. As the neighbouring Gun I felt I had to say something which I did in my best diplomatic terms and my approach was taken badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 

tbh my main reason would be 

having paid for a driven day and then been asked to walk with the beaters 

lot of differents between a peg on a drive and walked up birds 

not so bad if you’re a syndicate gun and know the ground but as a one off paying full amount? 

Anyway shouldn’t really judge  From a short video but it didn’t sell it to me 

just my thoughts 

All the best 

of