Left Handed Pump Action

Mason4796

Afternoon all,

I currently shoot a browning 525 sporter but am interested in purchasing a pump action as a rough and ready gun.

I like the look of the Winchester SXP or potentially a mossberg but have struggled to find any in Left handed set up (cartridges ejecting to the left).

Does anyone know of any manufacturers with readily available left handed pump actions?

thanks in advance

The Browning pump (BPS) is bottom load and eject and has a tang safety and is straight stocked so is completely ambidextrous. I have one to shoot left handed and really rate it. My son has one as well which he shoots right handed and really rates his.

Hope this helps,

David.

Try a right handed one if you can. I did and hated it, but some people find them perfectly useable. 

I ended up with a bps which I love to bits and suspect I would prefer to a true left hand pump (but have never tried one). 

The advantages of the bps are the much higher quality fit/finish vs other pumps I saw (mine is about 30-40 years old, new ones may not maintain this), cartridge cases that neatly pile between your feet, and being able to pretend you got something ambidextrous so the girlfriend can use it too... the short stock does need a slip on for me though. 

The disadvantages of the bps are difficulty finding the *******, I resorted to wanted ads but since then it seems some new ones have been imported, you can't as easily drop a cartridge directly into the chamber, and resisting the temptation to butcher an old fixed full choke should you end up with one.