Changing shotguns ??.

samboy

Hi all.

As above i'm always wanting somethings else.

In the last year i have had a Miroku MK60, a Beretta 682 Gold e, a Miroku 9000, and now have a Browning Ultra XS.

All been in first class condition and iv'e shot well with them but now i fancy something else. .

My Pal has had his Perazzi since 1981. Anyone else like me ?.

The world needs people like you Samboy, allows us to pick up some bargains.

Years ago in Kent we went through the register in my local Gun-shop, one particular local businessman had purchased 26 guns within a 12 month period.

Not bad going at one a fortnight, he would sell them on after keeping them for a couple of weeks.

Ive changed guns a few times and the more Ive had the more Ive realised when you have one you like and shoot well it dont matter if its worth ten bob or ten k, keep it you wont find better.

Your friend has had his p gun for so long because its a gun that he likes and probably shoots well with, if he has a bad day it aint because of the gun.

So long as I have an auto a sxs and a over and under Im happy as it covers all my shooting.

If your going to buy more guns at least keep one then get more to play with.

Edited by figgy

Of late ( compared to earlier times in hunting ) I buy with thoughts of flipping the gun if it doesn't keep a smile on my face.

But, because I only buy guns that 'tick most boxes' I find much to enjoy about them all.

In the end, after the honeymoon period, they all find a permanent position in the safe ..... it's just a matter of how close to the door.

P.S. Took delivery of a Winchester Diamond Grade Sporter a fortnight ago and a Miroku MK70 Grade 5 with spectacular wood, earlier in the week.

Hopefully, that's that ..... for a while.

Edited by MR. BROWN

Well I think there is the 'main' gun and there are the 'toy' guns... for me!

Main gun I changed once in the last year, and I think I'll keep the new one for a long time -- but on the 'toy' guns well I got a 410, a couple of SxS, and hammer gun too and another one coming in soon! I mean, you can find masterpieces of gunsmith work for little money these days, and I just love the old ones -- some of these guns would be cut down with an angle grinder if YOU did'nt save them..

Imagine that, 120 years old damascus barrels cut down for scraps.

So, anyone worth his salt should save 3, or 5 ;-)