What to do with my guns

Jamesrb90

Hey guys wondering if anyone has come across this or have any knowledge.

Basiccly a little cottage has popped up for rent that the misses has always wanted but thing is they won't allow guns in the property due to not suitable for attaching a safe to the wall or somthing

Anyone know what my options are?

I will contact my local firearms Monday

Lots of options. Some might not be palatable.

1) Find somewhere else

2) Rent it anyway and install a safe where it can't easily be noticed (if it can be secured)

3) Deposit at a RFD (not easy is you are going to be taking them in and out a lot)

4) Sell the guns

Option 1 might be easier but depends on whether you value the guns more than the wife!

I would initially find out for definite what the reasons are for not allowing a cabinet to be installed and take it from there.

Do you rent at the moment?

+1

Also, more precisely, not having the guns in the property at all. Renting and then having them if it's a no no and the landlord finds out, you - and one very disgruntled missus - could find yourself out on your ear.

Nothing is as beneficial as a happy lady so I hope it all pans out for you.

Thanks for the input guys.

It's iv been told by the people living there now that are our friends that they won't accept a cabinet in the house.

They know this because their brother was going to rent after they left and wanted guns kept there.

It's actually a a wooden cottage type property that is on a private estate. It's weird because they are all very keen shooters there and really into there game with all the land they have.

Also it's a kind of cash in hand situation.

I'm currently with my partner at her mum's house. Where the guns are kept

Thanks guys I don't really wanna have to get rid of this misses

It's shotguns I own

There will be no rental agreement. It's a really nice place to live and I guess they want to keep it quite that they have someone living in the cottage that I spose is for some reason along the lines of keeping money they earn off the radar .

Do you think it'll be acceptable keeping my guns at mothers house that I have access to?

We do know that they want a long term understanding of renting it

What it is guys

Is a working farm and yard. They converted a old wooden sack into a really nice cottage and rented it to family and close friends. That way they don't get stung with the rent being classed as a income and having to pay on it.

We may have the opportunity to get in there and carry on the setup. Not a problem with me.

But I think having the gun cabinet there they think it'll link to me being on cousil tax and all that.

My best option is to keep it at mum's hpuse if they'll except then really.

I am Billy no mates when it comes to friends with shotguns hahah.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks alot guys

Don't think you will be able to store them at a property you do not reside in unless of course the idea is that on paper you live at your mums and on electoral register there in which case you are only spending the odd night at your partners cottage 😉

What it is guys

Is a working farm and yard. They converted a old wooden sack into a really nice cottage and rented it to family and close friends. That way they don't get stung with the rent being classed as a income and having to pay on it.

We may have the opportunity to get in there and carry on the setup. Not a problem with me.

But I think having the gun cabinet there they think it'll link to me being on cousil tax and all that.

My best option is to keep it at mum's hpuse if they'll except then really.

I am Billy no mates when it comes to friends with shotguns hahah.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks alot guys

But the rent is income isnt it? Who pays council tax on the property when its uninhabited, if it is listed with the council as a habitat?

Where does your mail get sent to if the property isnt listed as a household and liable for council tax?

Im with ips on this one; sounds a very weird set up to me and a little bit more than slightly iffy.

You may have more than your shotguns to worry about if you arent paying council tax on a property youre living in.

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Scully