OLD BSA AIRGUN, MODEL D

oldypigeonpopper

hello, my friend just phoned and said he has the offer to buy, a vintage air rifle experts ? sorry no pics but this is written on action, BSA AIR RIFLE IMPROVED MODEL D, BIRMINGHAM AIR RIFLE CO ENGLAND,   L 1 66. a 22, trigger guard missing as the stock plug and some screws,   

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Hi Oldie

The bottom two of these are Model D rifles although the second from bottom is actually called 'The BSA Air Rifle', It's basically a model D before they called them that (I think!!)..

I paid £100 for the bottom one, The second from bottom was a freebie, The top two are BSA Standard mod2 (.22cal), I paid £130 for the top one posted (1936 model) and the second to top I bought along with a nice mk1 nickel plated Meteor for a hundred quid so I consider that i've paid £50 for it as it needs a new pair of springs and the foresight building up (top part snapped off)..

jDy3sdM.jpg

By the way, These were affectionately known as 'Long Toms' :yes:

Parts come up for sale on fleabay regularly but prices for parts can be quite expensive :hmm:

Cheers, John