16 bore cartridges

10 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Am I alone in thinking that a 16 should be as God intended.....a SxS?

You are right to an extent Chris, otherwise if he intended us to use an O/U, surely he would have created us with one eye above the other :yahoo:

However, if you're a lover of the 16 gauge, you'll like and use them in any configuration.

OB

21 hours ago, busbiter said:

Thanks for that mate, was not aware of the cashback incentive... how does that work? Nothing was mentioned when I put the deposit down yesterday and have not seen anything online either

Having looked into it  It looks like it ended  end of Jan but it was still coming up on adds more recently

You fill in a form once you purchase the gun and send it off or the gundealer does it for you

Still worth enquiring

Good luck

S

I use RC 16g  28g for game shooting which is the true square shot size for a 16g gun

Just ordered another 2000 from my local supplier  1000 of which is for my mate  which are now £324 per thou ( still cheaper than JC )

Although a 3% price rise from this time last year They informed me that RC are still one of the more competitve priced game cartridge maker

And they make cracking cartridges

On 26 August 2018 at 13:01, sabel25 said:

I use RC 16g  28g for game shooting which is the true square shot size for a 16g gun

Just ordered another 2000 from my local supplier  1000 of which is for my mate  which are now £324 per thou ( still cheaper than JC )

Although a 3% price rise from this time last year They informed me that RC are still one of the more competitve priced game cartridge maker

And they make cracking cartridges

I too use RC 16g 28g in my O/U and side by side, now in preference to Eley VIP Game 28g where I am having problems with part of the crimps blowing out. See post further down under 16g Eley VIP Game.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:48, sabel25 said:

I've just come across this thread to find it quite interesting

I shoot 16g among other guages and have owned one for around 7 to 8 years and love them

The guage is making a great come back in the UK and there is a wider range of cartridges from quite a few makers

On Guntrader there was normaly around 21 to 30 16g o/u for sale If you look now there are nearer 60  Half of which is the new Browning b525 16g who have just brought these out

Prior to these you had the Citori white lightning ( which i did own one ) made for the American market and quite rare over here

Perazzi have 16g aswell as Chapius.  Rizinni and Lincoln have always had 16g

Just watch Beretta will be next then other makers will follow suit with 16g's

Cartridge suppliers will follow suit with wider ranges

I have just been on gun trader there is a Perazzi 16 gauge on there at £16,750 wow I wish.