Canadas up North

flippermaj

Now here is a puzzle.  I shoot the Northern Firths and we get Canadas up here over the Summer, I think they migrate up from the Lake District.  They are usually all gone by the first week in Oct or earlier.

This year there is a family of five, now 4 and now down to 3 birds that have stayed on one of the firths so far.

Sunday morning I heard Canadas over the house.

Today I am down at the local spot and I have never ever seen a Canada here in the fowling season and what do I see over a dozen Canadas!

All very strange, where would they have come from as they should all have gone by now?

Cheers

Flipper

Hi, I think this will be the way of things to come with the canadas, they will stay longer and longer until they stay all year round. This is the case in my neck of the woods, east scotland, where they are staying longer each year before moving on. Seeing a Canada goose up here until the 2000s was very rare but they are welcome addition to game bag - long may it continue.