Really struggling to get a chance at a first flight!

Ryanlintott

1 hour ago, Ryanlintott said:

Thanks for all your help guys, going to contact both clubs today and see what they say. Itching to get out bought waders and a decent coat... now just waiting.. thanks 

again 

Ryan 

I am on the Fenland wildfowlers association committee. I can see no problem with you being accepted to join. If you do end up becoming a member, it may be me who takes you out for your first flight.:yes:

Hi Ryan,

When you contacted the Langstone Wildfowlers you received a standard response for potential members who apply outside of our recruiting calendar. Our shooting area is easily observable by the public and we are one of those clubs who need to maintain the highest standards of conduct. As such we have a comprehensive new members education scheme meaning that our books are effectively closed by the end of August. You approached us at the end of October.

The BASC wildfowling booklet does state that we do not run a permit system per se but that it might be possible for a taster flight for someone genuinely interested in joining the club.

I`m not sure what part of our email you found vague but if you`d like to contact us again through our website mentioning this conversation I`m sure we can come to some arrangement for a flight.

Regards,

Nick.

Hi nick

i wasn’t actually refureing to langstone harbour wildfowlers, I tried Chichester but after a phone call I havnt really heard much back. I do completely understand it’s not that easy and people are busy! I’m just really keen to get out and give it a go this season as the months seem to be flying by! 

Nick I will send another email later, thank you for your reply it’s much appreciated!

:) 

thanks 

Ryan

6 hours ago, Ryanlintott said:

i wasn’t actually refureing to langstone harbour wildfowlers, I tried Chichester but after a phone call I havnt really heard much back. I do completely understand it’s not that easy and people are busy! I’m just really keen to get out and give it a go this season as the months seem to be flying by! 

I have joined Chichester this year and have to say they are pretty organised. However, you have missed both the new members interviews and educational evening so you would have to wait until next season to join now.

If you just want to give Wildfowling a try without actually joining a club then the BASC permit scheme is your best bet https://basc.org.uk/wildfowling/wildfowling-permit-scheme/

You should easily find a club that will take you out this year.

1 hour ago, guy baxendale said:

I have joined Chichester this year and have to say they are pretty organised. However, you have missed both the new members interviews and educational evening so you would have to wait until next season to join now.

If you just want to give Wildfowling a try without actually joining a club then the BASC permit scheme is your best bet https://basc.org.uk/wildfowling/wildfowling-permit-scheme/

You should easily find a club that will take you out this year.

Thank you guy, I’m really hoping to join a club next year, but as you said I just want to get stuck in and have a flight or 2 this year. 

Hopefully will be able to get out with Kent wildfowlers this season as I have applied for a permit. 

Thanks 

Ryanlintott im sure someone in a club will take you out once or twice get you a bit of shooting But think you will have a better chance of joining a club fulltime when the season ends which is a good thing give you time get the money up and buy yourself some equipment and dont forget a DOG  etc Good Luck Let us know how you get on If you were here in N Ireland id have no no problem letting you come out with me onto Lough or foreshore for A bit of experience