Practical Shotgun

Mason4796

Evening all. 

I am a keen clay shooter but am really interested in getting in to practical shotgun shooting. 

I live in between Leeds and York, near Wetherby. Do any members know of any clubs that accommodate practical shooting and who best to speak too?

i have emailed the ukpsa and they said to find an affiliated club but that there are also a number of non affiliated clubs that may be worth speaking too. 

I hoped that someone may be able to point me in the right direction of a local place to start. 

I am also a section 2 license holder. I assume I would need to join one of these clubs before being able to apply for a section 1?

Many thanks

Hello.

First step is the UKPSA safety course, I spent 2 days near Grimsby with some guys from North Cotes Butts.

Prone/Kneeling/Weak shoulder/firing round cover etc - cost about £80 and a slab of 28g.(used a 2+1 semi auto and a cheap cartridge belt))

Passing the course means you can enter competitions and you also get to meet others who are like minded.

Also look for Sycamore club (Sheffield) and Rossendale on FB.

If you join the clubs they will help you with  the wording for your application for a S1 shotgun Licence. ie:

The shotguns to which this certificate relates may be used in recognised practical target shooting disciplines, as a member of a relevant club or recognised association and where the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm.

The 12 gauge solid slug ammunition to which this certificate relates shall be used only on ranges in respect of which a range safety certificate specifically authorises use of same or on other land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm and ammunition type.

6 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Not on mine.

the wording is as Nnorman32 quoted.

placed a Variation for an additional sec1 and FEO said that wasnt possible. 

You know my section 1 shotgun was put down for practical, clays and vermin and to be honest i pretty much exclusively use it for Pigeon shooting now.

11 hours ago, nnorman32 said:

Hello.

First step is the UKPSA safety course, I spent 2 days near Grimsby with some guys from North Cotes Butts.

Prone/Kneeling/Weak shoulder/firing round cover etc - cost about £80 and a slab of 28g.(used a 2+1 semi auto and a cheap cartridge belt))

Passing the course means you can enter competitions and you also get to meet others who are like minded.

Also look for Sycamore club (Sheffield) and Rossendale on FB.

If you join the clubs they will help you with  the wording for your application for a S1 shotgun Licence. ie:

The shotguns to which this certificate relates may be used in recognised practical target shooting disciplines, as a member of a relevant club or recognised association and where the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm.

The 12 gauge solid slug ammunition to which this certificate relates shall be used only on ranges in respect of which a range safety certificate specifically authorises use of same or on other land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm and ammunition type.

Many thanks, I will certainly look in to this.... looks like a great side of shooting to get in to! Thanks for the guidance!

1 hour ago, nagantino said:

Mason, take down your avatar, if it is yourself. 

??

41 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

PM

mossberg-operator

If you're interested in going to Sycamore.

Thanks I will send a pm! Much appreciated danger mouse!

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

And why on earth should he need to do that?

My thoughts too. Is there anything against doing so? I have seen a lot of members with their own photos on here. 

16 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I heard people say you can’t get pregnant standing up either.........

The consultation papers describe .50 BMG and also MARS rifles, for now our shotguns are safe so crack on.

For now they are. But they are on the radar, see my post in: Looks like 50 cal and some .22 could be going