Shoot food

When I cooked last season I done a chilli with brisket and it was very good. I am thinking I might go down the curry route this time with popadoms and nann bread. Last shoot one of the guns done a BBQ, he was not the best and by the time stuff was ready we had lost quiet a bit of the afternoon.

Edited by rimfire4969

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

One of the guns on my shoot has donated a gas BBQ as he has upgraded. I plan to use game and wildfowl shot on the shoot (plus elsewhere) to make game burgers for shoots days, as we will no longer be going to the pub for lunch but extending 11's a bit

The only trouble is that you have to dash back to get it all going which can be a bit of a pain unless you have someone back at base who can get it organised

I cook these regularly

Beef Bourguignon , using flank.....Skirt

Mutton curry, cover a leg in curry sauce, cook overnight (equivalent) in large slow cooker, meat will fall off the bone x 2

Oxtail and brown ale , separate meat from bone when cooked

Rabbit, bacon and cider

slow cooker or a creuset type casserole pan

You could serve with large amounts of crusty bread 

edit to say flank should read skirt

Edited by islandgun
wrong

15 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

The only trouble is that you have to dash back to get it all going which can be a bit of a pain unless you have someone back at base who can get it organised

The good thing about burgers is that they don't take long to cook, so throw them on when we get back and in 10 minutes, they'll be done.

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

The good thing about burgers is that they don't take long to cook, so throw them on when we get back and in 10 minutes, they'll be done.

True, but it's another job as such - If you've got stuff cooked you can keep warm it's just less hassle. Gives you more time to get the burrs out of your dogs ears, find the missing birds that your mate shot and work out why your cartridges continually avoid the birds (or maybe that's just me!!)