Scope mounted torch, recommendations?

turbo33

Ideas please? 

Rather than swapping day scope for night vision, can I have any ideas on a good scope mounted torch for 223 fox etc out to 200 yards....ish. As compact as possible, not something reminiscent of a lighthouse!!

Thanks

T33

Edited by turbo33

14 hours ago, Alycidon said:

I also have a NM800 and find it ok for rifle mounting but the beam is a bit tight for scanning for eyes.  I find about 170 yards with a green element its about its top wack to clearly ID a potential target in good conditions.

A

Thats interesting? So the claims made by the sellers are not your experience?

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 12:23, turbo33 said:

Thats interesting? So the claims made by the sellers are not your experience?

I speak as I find,   but at 64 my eyesight is not as sharp as it was 30 or 40 years ago and frankly as a result I have reduced my lamping activities.    My observations on the NM800 are mainly based on using it as a torch when walking my dogs.          I do use a Lightforce 240 roof mount lamp to scan and help put light where its needed,  that has a Green Lens,  I used to put a Lampforce 170 + Orange lens on the top of the scope but since moving from Discovery to Defender the windows are smaller and it makes getting a 170 and long barrelled rifle to much stress getting it out of the window but I have taken foxes to 295 yards with it with no issues in ideal conditions in the past.      Thats why I moved to the NM800.    Its lighter, and self contained but has its downsides.  One of which is the batteries going dead flat with almost no warning.

A

11 hours ago, moor man said:

Hi turbo have a look at this

Ludicrouslumens

Well designed, compact, kit.

Led pils are easily interchangeable as are the reflectors?

I got TR38 with white and red pils and am very pleased with it.

hello, i  have the new TR 38, a good 250 yards with red pil, i also keep a few spare batteries in the shooting bag

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

12 hours ago, Alycidon said:

I speak as I find,   but at 64 my eyesight is not as sharp as it was 30 or 40 years ago and frankly as a result I have reduced my lamping activities.    My observations on the NM800 are mainly based on using it as a torch when walking my dogs.          I do use a Lightforce 240 roof mount lamp to scan and help put light where its needed,  that has a Green Lens,  I used to put a Lampforce 170 + Orange lens on the top of the scope but since moving from Discovery to Defender the windows are smaller and it makes getting a 170 and long barrelled rifle to much stress getting it out of the window but I have taken foxes to 295 yards with it with no issues in ideal conditions in the past.      Thats why I moved to the NM800.    Its lighter, and self contained but has its downsides.  One of which is the batteries going dead flat with almost no warning.

A

Chances are your batteries are the 'protected' cells that shut off at a certain voltage level. If you use unprotected ones they will continue running much longer with a more progressive reduction of performance... but need more care about how they are recharged.

Unprotected cells should be recharged in a charger that regulates the charging in each bay separately, such as this one if you are going to use a multicell type:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NiteCore-D4-Smart-DigiCharger-for-AA-26650-18650-18350-16340-Battery-Car-Charger/291176058598