Ugh. Dog walkers

chrisjpainter

Why can't people obey signs? We've just had a dog attack one one of our sheep, by a dog hurtling round our wildlife reserve. no sign of any owner at all, no sign of any collar! Makes my blood boil! 'Keep your dog on a lead' signs are there for a reason!

Sheep's not in a good way, but I bet if the owner was ever traced, we'd get the line 'oh my dog wouldn't do that!' Course not. tell that to the poor thing that's now probably got to be put down. 

Bad start to the day or what.

A lot don't even realise the harm done to pregnant sheep being chased even if not caught by the dog. Our woodland is surrounded by sheep fields and still would be woodland owners have walked the access track through the fields with dogs running loose. Farmer has had to tell a few of them to lead up. Fortunatley none have purchased a plot.

Hoping the nice sensible couple we met last week buys one of the last remaining plots. Their dog was on the lead even in the wood. He shoots too.:good:

Don’t get me started with dogs at the moment, my fox terrier was bitten last week whilst on the lead by a black lab off his lead, after I drove my feet into the lab the owner then praised the dog for biting mine...and said how bad my dog was for needing to be on a lead, the last two occasions of my dog being bitten/attacked have been by women in there 60s with large dogs off leads... it’s as if they own the place and think they can do what they want, with out a care in the world..

we have two unfenced footpaths through the estate. When dogging in I am constantly asking folk to stay on the footpath and to leash there dog.

on Mondays shoot whilst waiting to enter a wood to beat the final drive we spotted a bloke hundred yards off the footpath dog off a lead chasing a ball. Keepers wife / head beater says "go and have a word Ian" I had a polite word and off he went all apologetic, signs are all over the place and he knew it was a shoot day....grrr

As more out of town housing estates are built on green belt it will get worse, I remember a small farm I had shot for years, it was great for rabbits, the neighboring land was sold and 200 houses were built, the occupants of these properties treated the surrounding farm land like a park, in the end the farmer stopped putting any live stock on the fields because of the trouble he was getting from people trespassing with their dogs.

Cant go deer stalking without confronting "fat arrogant lump and her 2 Alsatians ".Private land and your off the footpath ,"no i  have the right to roam".Not half a mile from the footpath you dont.There a signs on every fence saying keep out shooting in progress , " i didnt see any".You didnt see 3 ft tall red n white signs how have u driven here used the force .4 visits 4 arguments with the trespassing liar and her **** machines :unhappy:

17 minutes ago, clakk said:

Cant go deer stalking without confronting "fat arrogant lump and her 2 Alsatians ".Private land and your off the footpath ,"no i  have the right to roam".Not half a mile from the footpath you dont.There a signs on every fence saying keep out shooting in progress , " i didnt see any".You didnt see 3 ft tall red n white signs how have u driven here used the force .4 visits 4 arguments with the trespassing liar and her **** machines 

She does not have the right to roam, are the signs saying 'keep out shooting in progress' on or near a public footpath?

2 hours ago, old'un said:

She does not have the right to roam, are the signs saying 'keep out shooting in progress' on or near a public footpath?

Its a private woods fenced off in a very big estate "garden" and she knows she,s very much in the wrong but keeps coming back for more as i said she,s half a mile from any public footpath and the four sided fencing is clearly signed "shooting in progress keep out "But she trys to twist the law to suit her needs:no:

13 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

“Poison in use in this area... please keep all pets on a lead!” 

With a nice skull and crossbones ?

should do the trick 

I like that plan ?

10 minutes ago, clakk said:

Its a private woods fenced off in a very big estate "garden" and she knows she,s very much in the wrong but keeps coming back for more as i said she,s half a mile from any public footpath and the four sided fencing is clearly signed "shooting in progress keep out "But she trys to twist the law to suit her needs:no:

sounds like an anti taking the mick

34 minutes ago, clakk said:

Its a private woods fenced off in a very big estate "garden" and she knows she,s very much in the wrong but keeps coming back for more as i said she,s half a mile from any public footpath and the four sided fencing is clearly signed "shooting in progress keep out "But she trys to twist the law to suit her needs

How does she get there?

If parked I'd have her car towed 

4 hours ago, clakk said:

Cant go deer stalking without confronting "fat arrogant lump and her 2 Alsatians ".Private land and your off the footpath ,"no i  have the right to roam".Not half a mile from the footpath you dont.There a signs on every fence saying keep out shooting in progress , " i didnt see any".You didnt see 3 ft tall red n white signs how have u driven here used the force .4 visits 4 arguments with the trespassing liar and her **** machines :unhappy:

Led (or lead?) in the ear springs to mind. But i'm a dog lover, and it's the dumb arrogant owners fault anyhow.                                                              And even being an ex-cop myself, i doubt they would be interested, as i hear lots of current stories from Police friends who are at their wits end already, as they don't have the resources to deal with serious crime these days. Very frustrating....

I read somewhere once not to damage all 4 tyres as they can claim on their insurance but 3 dead tyres come out of their own pocket. I don’t know how accuratethar is though. 

The only thing you can do without fear of getting yourself in trouble is getting a name and if possible an address and reporting it to 101. It becomes harassment after two incidents and age can be prosecuted. 

Mate an myself today working on our shoot noticed two people and two dogs miles off the foot path, so hopped on quad and over we went. Nice young couple and the girl said straight away can you point us towards the footpath, wece completely lost it.. So we got lucky, just asked them to put the dogs on lead for the last field as sheep in it. And they were on their way. But ive had a few idiots on the land when ive been out shooting.. And they seem to take offence when i say they are off the footpath and there is live firing in progress. 

At the risk of seeming anti dog , and I am not a great fan having seen a totaly unprovoked attack on an 18 month old toddler by a dog jumping out of a car , Is it not time that a proper licensing system was introduced to reduce the number of "non essential" dogs as they are a menace in the countryside as well as public parks and urbane footpaths .

On 09/11/2017 at 16:02, clakk said:

Cant go deer stalking without confronting "fat arrogant lump and her 2 Alsatians ".Private land and your off the footpath ,"no i  have the right to roam".Not half a mile from the footpath you dont.There a signs on every fence saying keep out shooting in progress , " i didnt see any".You didnt see 3 ft tall red n white signs how have u driven here used the force .4 visits 4 arguments with the trespassing liar and her **** machines 

Set up a trip alarm cartridge where she comes in. She won't be back.