No of new posts

spanj

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

It just looks a bit different to me 

everything works the same, can’t see why it would stop anyone 

People don't like change. Honestly I can't say I love the changes but I know that I''ll get used to them and in a few weeks or months I won't even remember how the forum used to look and work. A few will be unwilling to adapt and will leave but most will eventually adapt and begin posting again.

Maybe it's like season 2 of stranger things.....(becuse ive just watched the last part) :lol: but you'll get the jist.. 

Perhaps the Mods could do some competitions/weekly give aways to entice folk back in? 

Tbh this forum has always lacked comps/give always imho. Photo comps, vote for fave monthly vid and so on.

Considering the visual refresh of the forum- wouldn't hurt to take it a step further.

Im sure folk would contribute what they can, ill give some of my proffesional time as a start point ??

Having retired some good few years back, I tend to have a look-see quite often during the course of the day. Back along there was always the possibility of a chat with a good few new posts popping up. After a while these started to diminish in number and continue to do so. Now, I have to search for something which attracts my interest. A recent thread which agreed with this suggested that the increase in other internet sites might well be the cause of this. I know not. The broad band of interests, skills and knowledge - not to mention humour - on offer on PW still does it for me though.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

I see airgunbbs, changed there site, is that why this changed.

This Forum has nothing to do with airgun bbs , as Teal stated in his original post on the other thread, this Forum had to be updated as we were advised that its security system would no longer be supported, there was no option.

If other Forums used the same Provider they would have had a similar message.

9 hours ago, Sian said:

I like the new look I just seem have a problem at home on my iPad as it logs me out now and I keep forgetting my passwords.  At work my password has been saved and I can just get in.

It must be something you have done?

i use my iPad and it never asks me to log in?

4 hours ago, Pheasantplucker1 said:

I have noticed on trading post that the trade guns for sale doesn't light up on the home page .

Why would this be ?

Regards

Lights up on my home page.....strange

:shaun:

On 11/9/2017 at 22:15, Me matt said:

Perhaps the Mods could do some competitions/weekly give aways to entice folk back in? 

Tbh this forum has always lacked comps/give always imho. Photo comps, vote for fave monthly vid and so on.

If a forum is in a position to do competitions and giveaways it's because the admin have a financial interest in getting people on there in order to profit from them.  That's not why PW is here.

The revenue that trade membership and the tiny amount of merchandise sales on here brings in doesn't even cover the running costs and the admin staff are all unpaid, so we don't have anything to give away other than our spare time.  PW is run by shooters for shooters for the good of the sport.

In answer to the OP, there's always a drop off in pace after an upgrade whilst Luddites like myself get used to the new format.  Give it a couple of weeks and we will be back to normal. 

16 hours ago, Zapp said:

If a forum is in a position to do competitions and giveaways it's because the admin have a financial interest in getting people on there in order to profit from them.  That's not why PW is here.

The revenue that trade membership and the tiny amount of merchandise sales on here brings in doesn't even cover the running costs and the admin staff are all unpaid, so we don't have anything to give away other than our spare time.  PW is run by shooters for shooters for the good of the sport.

In answer to the OP, there's always a drop off in pace after an upgrade whilst Luddites like myself get used to the new format.  Give it a couple of weeks and we will be back to normal. 

Yeah cheers zapp, it wasnt a complaint just an observation.........

On 10/11/2017 at 20:45, shaun4860 said:

It must be something you have done?

i use my iPad and it never asks me to log in?

Lights up on my home page.....strange

Quite possibly something I have done its just remembering what I have done is the problem.