old stubble

yickdaz

not been out for 2 weeks  I had a slight idea were I might find some on the standing barley I had shot on all through 0ct the field had been mostly harvested there is a 50 yard strip running the length of the field still standing, I watched for half a hour and no birds flighted in at all only a static flock in the surrounding trees I moved on met up with the old fella at an old stubble field with oak trees all 4 sides of it must of been 200 on the field close to the hedgerows and in the trees immediately we both thought they were on the acorns, it was 12pm so thought just give them a go see what we can do got set up  by 12.45pm birds came back within minutes passing over not wanting to decoy but  shot 2 and set the rotary up then  they started flighting well not a lot decoyed though but came in range that's all we wanted anything inside 60 yards were dealt with and it was great sport for 2 hrs until it went dead like switching a light off

not one bird had acorns in there crop only old barley and a few beans most were empty which was surprising given the amount of oaks in the area picked 50 exactly with a few lost

5a072a2cd9b8e_WP_20171111_14_50_20_Pro(1024x768).jpg.7b58d48276ccb96f63a8ba1ab30419d2.jpg

33 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done Daz, that field has been good to you and still is. We have not found many acorns in our birds lately although there is a massive crop on the ground. I await the next instalment of the Standing Barley somewhere in the Northwest

we  didn't shoot that field pc, we shot on a stubble about 1/4 of  a mile away i only looked at the field with the strip of barley on it but birds are in the area and i will be keeping an eye on it