Winter trousers?

Tim Kelly

I seem to struggle finding warmish winter trousers suitable for fishing, shooting etc at the weekends. I currently have a pair of Seelands that are potentially excellent, but blighted by a designer having multiple brain farts. They are warm enough, vaguely waterproof, tough cordura type material in the wear points, all positives, but are let down by not having rear pockets, the front pockets are too shallow, so my change falls out when I'm sitting down and they have some bizarre knee flappy things that serve no useful purpose but get in the way when you're putting your wellies on. Oh, and buttons for attaching braces! ***. It means there are redundant buttons that get tangled under your belt and dig into you.

I've looked around online and the lack or rear pockets seems to be a common theme. Saw some Fjallraven ones today and wasn't convinced, though they seemed well made they were unlined and again didn't have rear pockets. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the ideas folks. Amazing how many of the trousers don't have rear pockets, but I've seen a couple of possibilities.

I had a pair of pinewood ones and they were poor. The cotton material snagged on something and ripped a huge triangle out of the leg when they were only a week or so old. Contacted the supplier complaining about the abysmal material choice and they couldn't have cared less. Won't be buying from them, or any other pinewood products as a result.

5 hours ago, Tim Kelly said:

Thanks for the ideas folks. Amazing how many of the trousers don't have rear pockets, but I've seen a couple of possibilities.

I had a pair of pinewood ones and they were poor. The cotton material snagged on something and ripped a huge triangle out of the leg when they were only a week or so old. Contacted the supplier complaining about the abysmal material choice and they couldn't have cared less. Won't be buying from them, or any other pinewood products as a result.

Not good to hear that, i have been impressed with the quality so far, but nothing has gone wrong to experience after sales service.