Busy few Days

pigeon controller

I had a call out on Thursday to try and thin out the crows pulling up the sprouting wheat with the instruction not to shoot before 12.00 as the shoot would be in the vicinity of the fields with the problem. I drove down to the field and set up with four crows from the week before, my hide was hard into a hedge with the wind in my face so the birds would have to come over my head or from the side but the sound would be travelling away. I watched the shoot depart and started to call straight away I had a flock of Jackdaws in the pattern and I still have a problem with twenty targets milling around so I concentrated and had two more decoys. As the shoot moved round the farm they kept disturbing birds to my pattern to good affect. I stopped shooting at 16.00 and picked up one hundred and thirtynine corvids and one pigeon and one magpie. Great Result.

On my way to shoot on Thursday I noticed a flock of pigeons on two clover fields so on Saturday DB and Myself made a direct drive to the fields, it was 09.00 when we viewed it and it had approx one hundred and fifty birds down feeding hard. So phone call to the Farmer , O.K. shoot. So we drove the field to a point that we could set up on the hedge in the middle of the two fields and shoot both fields. We set up with the magnet one side and six birds each side to see if they wanted either. We were up and ready to shoot at 10.00 and to be honest they came into both patterns well  for the first two hours then slowed up a lot. We tried to move the magnet around the pattern but it made no difference. We had distance birds on various flightlines but they would not deviate. We packed up at 15.30 and picked up ninetynine pigeons and four corvids, the dog found another bird after the photograph so a hundred birds off clover in November is a great result.

Last week we were shooting rape and this week clover it would appear that the birds have not been reading the same books as we have or is this the effect of Global Warming???

100_2994.jpg

139 Corvids, 1 pigeon and 1 magpie.

100_2999.jpg

99 Pigeons and 4 corvids