Charging PCPs

Walker570

Yes, noticed it was made by CZ but mention me a company NOT having stuff made there or in Turkey these days. End cap unscrews readily but like on all things that screw and unscrew I put a very light touch of Vaseline on the threads, solves the problem.  A bit of a learning curve at the moment ....like multi? ..err????

Have only put a dozen VMX pellets through it at the moment but they are all within minute of squirrel head angle or better:yes::good:

Yes Washerboy, I agree the bolt/magazine is a bit of a fiddle to get used to. I think it will do the job.

hello, the 200 is a good light weight pcp getting around 60 shots per fill, yes not so refined as the genuine AA and made by the CZ factory but will last years if looked after, as for the multi mag systems that can be fitted to this rifle, the AA being self indexing can be a problem if not set up properly, the other one is more simple you index with thumb, the plastic pellet probe bolt is not ideal but can be changed to the metal one, all my 200s liked AA fields and i advocate using LTL pellet lube, if yours is new the mag seal will need a bit of lube as a quick spray on the index points, after 500 pellets it should shoot nice and smooth, good luck  

Read with interest. I'm getting to the line also but have no trouble cocking my HW98 and 77 a hundred or so times,

but this pumping up of PCP,s seems a great idea for extra exercise.

Might give it a try.

Edited by das
Spelling

1 hour ago, das said:

Read with interest. I'm getting to the line also but have no trouble cocking my HW98 and 77 a hundred or so times,

but this pumping up of PCP,s seems a great idea for extra exercise.

Might give it a try.

If you have a google about the pumps you can actually buy them for exercise, won't be as high end as air rifle pumps but might as well top the rifle up while your pumping.

Well, I pumped this one up in a few moments today and cannot say it was that hard, the last few notches on the gauge being the hardest perhaps but not a big chore.

On a good day staking out the tree rats we will probably have between 20 an 30 chances between us, so a full tank at the days start will be more than enough.

Just need to 'range' it now. Longest probable distance will be 40yrds, so run a few at 10, 20, 30 and then 40 and see where they print midway and make that zero. 

yes my .22 is zeroed at 25, then I find not much in it really till you get out to 35, drops off fairly sharp then, think forty for me is 2 mill dots on my tasco, using accupells 14.3 grains

at the risk of telling you how to suck eggs set your left right at about 10 mtrs save you a lot of time.

The VMX that came with the rifle are reasonably accurate but a session today on some barn pigeons, I was not impressed with the knock down power as compared with the  .177 Exact Diabolos out of my TX200. I will pick up some of those JSB Express 14.3s tomorrow and compare.   I was only getting an average 2 inch ragged group at 45yrds but all in the same hole at 25yrds.  Just need the best stopping pellet available if my wife is to use it on squirrels.  I know...I know...how long is a piece of string:yes:

Edited by Walker570

The vmx are a kind of semi wad cutter  design .and therefore probably loose energy pretty fast couple that with a shallow penetration and possibly less than ideal shot placement (not great accuracy wise ) and you have pige that will fly off after being hit .

I'd also go with a jsb pellet.13.4  /14.3 grn 

I didn't lose any birds today but the 177 out of the TX200 just seems to put them down harder for some reason. I believe you are spot on with the VMX as the drop off at about 35yrds is quite severe, on x6 power I can see the pellet dive. It didn't take more than two shots to realise where to put the cross hairs and I finished with 14 pigeons cleared up.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday with the JSBs.