Family claims gun dealer who supplied Midland gang with firearms was intimidated into doing it

djgeoff

Threatened at gun point, which suggest they didn't need him to get guns. Definitely smells fishy

11 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Smells fishy to me, whilst I have no doubt people are intimidated into things sometimes it seems this was a long term gig earning side money

Edited by Newbie to this

He was making obsolete calibre ammunition for the relevant guns but was also importing modern cf handguns from America.

The latter is the bit I don’t understand, unless they were smuggled in.

The police have said there are over a hundred still unaccounted for; but how do they know unless they were in a register?

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, Scully said:

He was making obsolete calibre ammunition for the relevant guns but was also importing modern cf handguns from America.

The police have said there are over a hundred still unaccounted for; but how do they know unless they were in a register?

Doesn,t ring true! "Modern" centre fire handguns do not shoot obsolete calibre ammo!  Were they blank firers being  converted?  And if they were "smuggled" how in God,s name do the police know that a 100 are unaccounted for?  Weird.

It was common knowledge around the gun trade, a few years ago, that handguns were being smuggled in from former USSR  countries....let,s face it, if you can easily smuggle people in, small items like guns must be a doddle!

3 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Doesn,t ring true! "Modern" centre fire handguns do not shoot obsolete calibre ammo!  Were they blank firers being  converted?  And if they were "smuggled" how in God,s name do the police know that a 100 are unaccounted for?  Weird.

It was common knowledge around the gun trade, a few years ago, that handguns were being smuggled in from former USSR  countries....let,s face it, if you can easily smuggle people in, small items like guns must be a doddle!

He was buying obsolete calibre handguns ( antiques ) and  making ammo for them.

He wa making modern centre fire ammo for the modern handguns.

7 hours ago, Scully said:

two different stories you are talking about this one, still interesting though.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/breaking-bad-crooks-sold-guns-778089

1 hour ago, paul1966 said:

two different stories you are talking about this one, still interesting though.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/breaking-bad-crooks-sold-guns-778089

Yes, I am talking about that one.

On the BBC news last night it showed a picture of the man on the left ( in the link you have provided ) and said he was making ammunition for obsolete cartridge handguns, and showed a variety of antique handguns, but also quite a variety of modern cf double action revolvers also.

was it the man pictured on the right who was doing the smuggling of these from America?