Anyone know what these are?

Lord Geordie

I only know it as a Jura coupling. But assume that's because it's used in Jura coffee machines. I also assume (having seen them in more than just coffee machines) that they have a technical name? 

427447.jpg

They would perhaps be used in hydraulics? Compressed air? High pressure systems.

thanks in advance for any input. 

It's a connector to handle 15 bar of pressure. I have seen similar used on air systems to operate solonoids on conveyor systems, and actuators on hoppers. 

Dave! It's not a valve! It's a straight through coupling! The one in my machine cracked. I saw a few with filters fitted. They come in a variety of guises. Straight, elbow, Y, F, T. 

I found a couple of suppliers "mainly abroad" but wanted to try and find a sensible price for what it is. They are simply mounded parts and will cost pence to produce! And due to size, I would assume a standard letter to post out. But the Ines I found here equate to around £7 + without the spring clips.

i just think that is a bit of a silly price and wanted to see if I could find a supplier of the same part, though not a coffee machine parts company. 

Its hard to believe eve so many people bin their machines when these fracture! It's such a simple part to replace. It took me 3 mins to take the machine apart, and 30 seconds to find the fault. 

Hopefully I will find a stockist and can then get it back up and running again. It may sound tight not wanting to pay £7 but the machine was only £20 when I bought it. :lol:

hi martin ours are similar but different sizes at each end so tewo different sizes teflon pipes 20/15 o ring on one side and 20/20 o ring on the other

can you not just run a longer teflon pipe from  where it comes from at both ends and not using the coupling at all ?

dave

Edited by davewh100

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

hi martin ours are similar but different sizes at each end so tewo different sizes teflon pipes 20/15 o ring on one side and 20/20 o ring on the other

can you not just run a longer teflon pipe from  where it comes from at both ends and not using the coupling at all ?

dave

Dave! It's the feed from the boiler I know the pipe is 4mm but will measure the nipple on the boiler tonight! I am at work until 8pm