This Is Fun - My Last Gun

wymberley

Other than to give the only possible answer to, "would you like one?", when asked if I'd like another gun, I've had no further input. Someone else has ordered it and someone else again is paying for it. Although I know the make, I'm unsure as yet what exactly is going to turn up with regard to barrel length and choking. Because of the nature of the order, I'm also unaware of the production lead time so it's a case of patience, dear boy, patience.

2 hours ago, button said:

Give us some more? Make, s/s or o/u?

O/U

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Made in Herstal  All being well. 

No, far too heavy for my liking

1 hour ago, Snoozer said:

The Title of the thread implies it will be your Last Gun, I hope it's a good'n 

No, nothing special, thank you though, already have a couple of nice ones, let's just say a tad different. Just have to see what turns up.

12 minutes ago, figgy said:

I’d be sad not happy if I was told your getting your last gun and no you not going to know what it is. 

last gun 

As said, I was asked if I wanted another one. I was happy with my lot for the couple of years I have left, but what does one say but 'yes please' and after all, gift horse rules apply.

• 1 month later...

An update. Slight change of plan. My step-son and his fiancee are now buying this. Elsewhere I mentioned that 2 sheets of A4 stuffed in an envelope was my Christmas present. They just happened to be copies of the order form and the batch which hopefully includes mine is in production now.

Finally know what I'm getting - a Zoli Standard Game in 12 bore. It's not quite standard but this makes no difference to its function and as it will never be sold and therefore second hand residual value is of no consequence. Bearing that in mind and as I have no experience of these any opinions on them would be welcome.

16 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Interesting I've been thinking of a Zoli game gun interested to hear the spec you went for.  

Regret I can't help as I wasn't given a choice of spec's. For the Standard there are 2 options - 12 or 20 - and that's your lot. The more expensive Columbus version opens the ballpark up considerably though. However, as can be seen from the photo's above even that would not have been my preferred choice. Although I will give this a go in the field, I think the clays will be its main use. Full spec's are detailed on the Edgar Bros web-site.