This Is Fun - My Last Gun

wymberley

19 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

31" game FC with my dimensions on it.  

Good luck!

Our requirements are entirely different but the only make that I came across that suited me was Chapuis. Their range of non cost options is considerable - which was enhanced when I discovered and was then able to specify the French comb drop option. Naturally, there's an element of luck involved.

9 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

I think you'll find most makers will do it but the dealers/importers are the reluctant ones.   

I think Hortons advertise this on their guntrader as well. 

Have to agree - certainly with regard to Chapuis. Having spoken to their Export Sales Manager by e-mail when in the process of ordering mine and then later at the game Fair, they seem very willing to go the extra mile in order to get the sale. Fancy some of our RFDs/dealers could do with following their example - not necessarily in £ terms but by making a bit more of an effort.

6 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Have to agree - certainly with regard to Chapuis. Having spoken to their Export Sales Manager by e-mail when in the process of ordering mine and then later at the game Fair, they seem very willing to go the extra mile in order to get the sale. Fancy some of our RFDs/dealers could do with following their example - not necessarily in £ terms but by making a bit more of an effort.

Having seen both sides often you offer a full set of dimensions have the custom dimensions added they are then surprised it has to be bulit and will take 6-12 months so take what's on anyone else's shelf they think is close.  

So offer the service but often it's turned down if the shop has someone who will do the gun fits for them!  I offered a few years ago to a local shop they didn't want gunfitting as they could have a quick look and adjust people's stance to make the gun they want work for them!