Bah humbug....

Red-dot

21 hours ago, Red-dot said:

Apart from the people in the TV adverts does anyone on here ever have a perfect Christmas?

I hate it with a vengance but i'm open to advice.

Perfect for me and i hope my missus, i like to think so, out on the canal, no tele, no shops, whatever entertainment we can make, sometime with her brother, sometimes just us, when it light we get up and go someplace, when its dark we park up for a jigsaw and a beverage.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Last couple of years the daughters company had her pub open for meals at xmas , first year she gave her staff the day off , dad was meeter and greeter  keeping the fire going , son was serving food , mum doing the dishes and daughter and boyfriend cooking , it was great really humbling old folk saying they couldn't buy a meal at home for that amount and great company . folk seeing the pub open and coming in , some just for a coffee , some folk had booked a meal across the road and it was closed came to complain to us then paid for a meal , We got home at 4 pm ate our meal at 8 pm :yahoo:

Next year she said dad it was so successful there's two sitting this year i had a wee moan but we buckled down and ate in the pub after we tidied up  yet again a very humbling experience folk coming in for a coffee and paying with a handful of coppers who i thought where homeless and wanting the heat and company but on that one day you dont judge 

This year the company has cancelled xmas  in the pub so planning a quiet day in my own house surrounded by family after the animals are done and dogs walked its going to be great 

Bigbob that sounds great, haven't of that happening before, you've all earned a restful Xmas this year.

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

Some grumpy ******* on here :/ 

cheers up Pw :) it's almost Xmas .

as longs as the kids are happy who cares. Toys, lights , decorations. It's Xmas :) 

some folk aren't happy unless there un happy, its about kids and family and having time while everyone is off work to meet up and enjoy yourselves, failing that book a holiday and we'll see you in January 

On 11/13/2017 at 21:21, Red-dot said:

Apart from the people in the TV adverts does anyone on here ever have a perfect Christmas?

I hate it with a vengance but i'm open to advice.

I learned many years ago how to experience the perfect Christmas, tell everyone your not particularly fond of that you will be away for a few days .It works very well for me , no noisy party invites that you have to decline,no stuck on smiles that make your jaw hurt. No slobbering drunks or  princess children that you are forced to be nice to.I live a very peaceful life by being true to myself and what works best for me. Don't ever get yourself into a situation that you are unhappy with, in the main people accept that what feels right for them isn't always right for everyone.  I don't think I'm grumpy, just different. from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

Not a lover of Christmas.. Last few years have been spent twiddling my thumbs trying to look happy at the in laws, very boring.

This year the little one will be 6 months old and my foot has already been firmly planted, we will not be going to the in laws, family meal will be for the 3 of us at home..after a good stroll with the dogs.

I haven't enjoyed a Christmas for a good while now. Since I was a young teen. 

Looking forward to future Christmas' now though. It will be all about my little lady having an enjoyable day, if she's happy I am happy.

Edited by AberFowl

Probably the favourite day of the year for the missus and shes in her element so its a decent enough day for me.

Usually go a walk down the river looking for salmon with Mac and the old fella and then back to get fat and a wee bit drunk.

Always have a Boxing Day shoot with them too so dont overdo it but all in a enjoy Christmas Day.

Hogmanay for some reason i hate,but New Years day is fine.

On 11/13/2017 at 22:21, Winston72 said:

At Christmas i have an open house, i love people randomly dropping in for a beer and a munch absolutely love it 

we all need your address :lol:

love it myself but it's getting difficult not to be a humbug when people are putting up trees in November.....

I am 53 mate and I have a 25 yr old daughter.

I can eat good food and drink good drink any day I like. I can see my family any time I like. I am a "pragmatic agnostic" so religeon doesn't come into it. I don't see what the point is and if it wasn't for my family and inlaws that seem to enjoy it I would lock myself away for the duration. Trouble is the duration these days seems to be two months.