Bah humbug....

Red-dot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say not a fan of the huge build up, folk buying stuff for the sake of it, its obviously driven to get people spending there hard earned cash, or hammering the credit card, but it's one day feet up enjoy a good meal and relax if you can.

we used to go the working men's me dad bro, best mate his dad and bro couple of pints game of snooker then home for Christmas lunch, if its such a gripe for one day then your doing it wrong.

can't wait to see my kids faces, both got a new bike, well ones second hand but mint, and the wife got some big electric quad which will fit them both on it for £20, it will be manic but loads of fun, unless your my lawn!!

3 hours ago, ips said:

I am 53 mate and I have a 25 yr old daughter.

I can eat good food and drink good drink any day I like. I can see my family any time I like. I am a "pragmatic agnostic" so religeon doesn't come into it. I don't see what the point is and if it wasn't for my family and inlaws that seem to enjoy it I would lock myself away for the duration. Trouble is the duration these days seems to be two months.

I'm anti religion but it's santa time :) 

our tree is down by the 28th normally and Xmas lasts 2 days in our house . My birthday is the 27th so it's friends and food time again. 

I work Xmas eve normally . 

23 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I'm anti religion but it's santa time :) 

our tree is down by the 28th normally and Xmas lasts 2 days in our house . My birthday is the 27th so it's friends and food time again. 

I work Xmas eve normally . 

I might like it , if it lasted for three days

We've always had big a family Christmas but older brother drove a huge wedge through it last year. Happened with my best friend and his brothers so we are all getting together at his. I've know him since i was 8  so as good as a brother. We are  C of E so church on xmas day, Christingle service  and carol service all adds to it.

On 11/13/2017 at 21:51, terence said:

glad when its over

Same here! My dad died at Xmax, then years later, my father in law took the role of a father figure. Then he died of cancer on the 20th December last year! I hate it. Our kids are grown up, so no decorations up last year or this year! 

10 hours ago, jam1e said:

Same here! My dad died at Xmax, then years later, my father in law took the role of a father figure. Then he died of cancer on the 20th December last year! I hate it. Our kids are grown up, so no decorations up last year or this year! 

Something similar here but with my mother,  poorly over the Xmas period and died early January,

one reason I just don’t enjoy it so don’t bother with it.

xmas is for kids really 

:shaun:

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

Understand why some folk don't like Xmas from the msgs above, but this is Christmas in a bottle.WP_20171116_23_57_06_Pro.jpg.2b7d956ab23bf640d7c63133d66d69d3.jpg

Mmmm looks tasty. 

Xmas is time to remember loved ones past so they shouldn't be grumpy . 

I was talking about this to my dad and he said it's time to remember happy times as a kid. He's sad but happy if you know what I mean.

have you drank it yet ?