fx independence

hankook1

hi just bought a secondhand fx independence the pressure gauge was reading nothing and i dont have a bottle so i thought i would use the pump lever on the gun to pump it up this didnt work when i pumped the lever i could hear and feel air escaping  out of the end of the barrel, the last airgun i had was a break barrel bsa in 1974 so can anyone give me advise on what could be the problem please! 

10 hours ago, hankook1 said:

hi just bought a secondhand fx independence the pressure gauge was reading nothing and i dont have a bottle so i thought i would use the pump lever on the gun to pump it up this didnt work when i pumped the lever i could hear and feel air escaping  out of the end of the barrel, the last airgun i had was a break barrel bsa in 1974 so can anyone give me advise on what could be the problem please! 

hello, i am not sure but you may need to fill with bottle first and use the rifle pump system to top up, did you buy local or ? i have been looking at these a while now as i like the idea of the self filling system, these are a fairly new rifles to FX, i would give ASI the importers an email or call simon the gunsmith, i like FX rifles now having a MK 1 VERMY in 22 for ratting  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Depends how long the gun has had no air in it, pcp do not like being completely empty. You need to try to fill on a dive bottle first, this will put the air in more quickly than the manual lever on the gun. That lever is really just for topping up the air. If a dive bottle does not fill then you have some seals gone. A good gun shop should be able to sort this for you.

chris

hello oldypigeonpopper i was thinking the same maybe i should take it to a local rifle club and try filling it with a bottle first, although i don't understand why every time i pump the lever the air come out of the barrel muzzle and don't stay in the reservoir ? 

thanks chris i will try the dive bottle at a local rifle club why do you think the air was coming out of the barrel muzzle every time i pumped it ?