dead eye alan

Whats happened?

Some of the missing pigeons are here in the Wolds. I watched in awe yesterday as a stream of pigeons several thousand strong flew over me in a long line for fifteen minutes.

On another matter, all of the pigeons I have shot recently have been in excellent condition. Crop contents have been mostly beans and barley from stubbles.

Been thinking the same this last week or two,however spotted a hundred or so sitting in trees adjacent to rape this am ,with some dropping down to feed. 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Some of the missing pigeons are here in the Wolds. I watched in awe yesterday as a stream of pigeons several thousand strong flew over me in a long line for fifteen minutes.

On another matter, all of the pigeons I have shot recently have been in excellent condition. Crop contents have been mostly beans and barley from stubbles.

JDog,

It would be greatly appreciated if you would kindly scare some of your thousand strong pigeons in a southerly direction. A few hundred would suffice.

Many thanks.

OB

Generous as I may be I may not be able to help in this instance. It is probably thirty years since I saw an accumulation of pigeons like this here of late. The stubble fields should keep them occupied for a while at least.

Its very quite in my area, some birds in the woods and a few small groups on clover.

There have been some large flocks of very high pigeons passing over for the last few days, mostly heading Northwest, but they are not stopping here.

7 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Its very quite in my area, some birds in the woods and a few small groups on clover.

There have been some large flocks of very high pigeons passing over for the last few days, mostly heading Northwest, but they are not stopping here.

I hope they do

8 hours ago, Cranfield said:

1 hour ago, yickdaz said:

I hope they do

So do I ! :welcomeani:

10 hours ago, matone said:

Pushed down from Scotland by recent cold snap perhaps .

Cold?? Still summer here in northeast Scotland.

Still seeing a good few woodpigeons about here on stubbles and laid barley

On 14/11/2017 at 07:44, dead eye alan said:

All the pigeons in my area have disappeared, not a bird to be seen on the rape yet, all the stubbles picked clean or ploughed under. Seen a few on hedge rows picking berries and that's it!  

Same here vale area nothing on rape yet don't help its foot tall already, hard frost today so will go and have a watch today see if any getting hungry for it but yeah not many around my patch few down the road on ploughed maize so wen that's hoovered up might see a few more