Could a fox bother full grown sheep?

walshie

We have 60 sheep spread out over two fields with the gate open between the two. This morning they were spread evenly with roughly half the sheep in each field.

I went out earlier and they were all in the one field and huddled closely together like they had been rounded up. After half an hour or so they wandered off to where they had been earlier.

There were no dogs out so I can only assume a fox? 

Would sheep be bothered by a fox?

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

The sheep will give you hint as to where the fox may be in the field. They often just stand and stair in the general direction of a Fox, not always the case but always worth a peep. 

I agree with the above. Many a time, sheep have given me the direction of a fox when I've been using my NV.

I used to fish Thornton Steward near bedale in north yorkshire , there was always sheep grazing it. This day they stopped grazing ,and all lined up and walked all way around it one behind each other must have been over 50 of them . I looked at me pal, he just shuck his head. We stood and watched , it was like they had gone for an evening stroll.  Anyways they got back to were they started , split up and started eating again .explains why you see these tracks in some fields .

Watched 2 foxes pull a ewe down on the mountain back home outside fishguard. 1on it's neck the other the back leg. Was amazing to see them work together, never heard of them in those parts do that. 

Btw I was at distance, no rifle and was dusk. I did get 4 later that night in that field and next door lamping. Not amazingly large either. Wasn't lambing it was mid summer but it could of been ill/weak as that farmer had disgusting care/duty to his stock. Always carcasses in his fields.