Why do people still believe the earth is flat????

catchthepigeonmutley

I proved the earth was round the other day whilst rabbit shooting. My mate whispered that a bunny was directly behind me, I could not turn around as it would have seen me so I shot  straight in front at a slightly raised angle and after what seemed like an age we heard that thwack of a 22 sub hitting a rabbits head.

8 hours ago, bornfree said:

I proved the earth was round the other day whilst rabbit shooting. My mate whispered that a bunny was directly behind me, I could not turn around as it would have seen me so I shot  straight in front at a slightly raised angle and after what seemed like an age we heard that thwack of a 22 sub hitting a rabbits head.

Proof positive Sir!:good:

9 hours ago, bornfree said:

Bet your pleased you did not miss:good:

32 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not so, Isa. 40:22, Job 26:7,10, Lk. 17:34-36

I was being somewhat sarcastic !

But reading those passages, it certainly does not mention anything about the earth being a sphere, and I not sure if you made a mistake with the Luke verses , but 34 -36 concerns men sharing beds ect !

A guy i grew up around who is on my facebook is a flat earther. He's not terribly bright and still lives with his mum approaching 40. He is always posting flat earth stuff on facebook. I had to bite on one post and I posted him a link for the live feed from the international space station. He said it was fake put there to trick us!

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Not so, Isa. 40:22, Job 26:7,10, Lk. 17:34-36

Do you work in the pizza industry?

They are the coordinates of my local PaPa Johns ?

On a more serious note: people with an extensive knowledge of the bible give me the creeps. 

Edited by Me matt
Reason for edit

A lad I know who is fairly well educated and is intelligent and able to discuss things in a reasoned manner has decided the Earth is flat.

As far as I can tell his argument is based on stuff he watched on Youtube. I have no idea why he thinks it is flat, nor do I have any idea why he would even care as it doesn't really make any difference anyway as far as day to day life is concerned. 

Even odder is the fact he has been to Australia from the UK more than once. Probably spent the whole flight looking out of the widow trying to see the edge.

3 hours ago, 39TDS said:

A lad I know who is fairly well educated and is intelligent and able to discuss things in a reasoned manner has decided the Earth is flat.

As far as I can tell his argument is based on stuff he watched on Youtube. I have no idea why he thinks it is flat, nor do I have any idea why he would even care as it doesn't really make any difference anyway as far as day to day life is concerned. 

Even odder is the fact he has been to Australia from the UK more than once. Probably spent the whole flight looking out of the widow trying to see the edge.

Part of the mile high club then.:lol:

39 minutes ago, Lord O War said:

How do they explain a ship vanishing over the horizon? And if the Earth was flat surly it would be daytime everywhere at once?

1) Vanishing point.

2) Something about the sun being much smaller than claimed.*

* "Facts" gleaned from the link posted earlier in the thread.

This flat earth stuff is almost a faith, a bit like those in society who choose to have an imaginery friend. It's about the same level as those who believe the moon landings were faked. I have little doubt the bloke who was dotted on the nose by Armstrong said "See, I had him so rattled he hit me rather than answer the question! That proves we're right!"

Of course it is flat.

Proof?

I drive across the border into Norfolk almost every day - And there it is flat.

Stands to reason it is flat because if it was round then the sea would all run down to the bottom and drip off into space.

I don't know, some people are just plain daft...

Can't see there nose in front of their faces...