Short notice decoying.

JDog

All of the usual suspects are otherwise engaged. Either that or they just didn't want to come out and play.

I have a day planned for tomorrow Thursday 16th near Market Rasen. There are quite a few pigeons about. That said there is no guarantee that any will be shot. Payment in chocolate (cheap stuff like Cadburys, not Belgian or Swiss). Must have own kit and 4WD and be able to get out of bed early enough to meet me at 9:30, and of course a good sense of humour in case the pigeons do not play ball.

Personal messages only please.

Sadly the pigeons did not play along.

When I arrived at the field Clodhopper was already there and said he had seen a lot. We drove to the field I wanted to shoot and pushed 500 from the field and a tiny spinney. They went to a wood and some more stubble just within eye sight and they were joined by several other lots of a hundred or so. One time they came back in one go and it was mesmerising to see several hundred pigeons within 70m or so. We shot a few but I hoped and expected to shoot a lot more.

3 hours ago, JDog said:

Sadly the pigeons did not play along.

When I arrived at the field Clodhopper was already there and said he had seen a lot. We drove to the field I wanted to shoot and pushed 500 from the field and a tiny spinney. They went to a wood and some more stubble just within eye sight and they were joined by several other lots of a hundred or so. One time they came back in one go and it was mesmerising to see several hundred pigeons within 70m or so. We shot a few but I hoped and expected to shoot a lot more.

It was worth being out just to witness upwards of 500 birds dropping in one party. I concur, it was mesmerising. 

Incidentally when dressing the birds, not a single one had any food in the crop.

Thanks again JDog great day out despite the birds not playing ball.