Wanted Nottingham.

I’ll try and make this brief for those who don’t like to read pages.

For quite a few years I was a lorry driver, both UK and on the continent.

I live in a nice house, drive a nice enough car, go away in our touring caravan regularly and live a nice lifestyle. I have a few small investments, so I don’t worried about money all that much, and the wife has a good job too.

I recently jacked in driving as I wanted to spend more time with the family and be a stay at home dad for a couple of years and concentrate on a few things that I have always wanted to do.

Do a bit of shooting for both fun and food.

Breed/show my poultry.

Grow a few vegies in the garden.

Spend time with the children while they are growing up.

So this is the thing, I am looking for some very part time work, a few hours a day maybe a couple of days a week, paid or un paid just to get me out the house for a few hours to get some fresh air.

I’ve been looking for some beating on forums, Facebook pages and even visited a few local shoots with no luck!

Considered setting up a mole catcher business but after Googling, seems there is lots of them in my area.

So wondered if anyone new of any local shoots or estates that need someone for a few hours a week to help out in any way.

Please feel free to ask questions or give advice.

Scott.

Have you tried a card in all your local gunshops most have a sales wanted Ad board ,look on the beaters wanted section here on P.W .Try other forums,not just faceache.The Stalking Directory ,Hunting Life ,look at Guns on pegs even see if they,l run an add for you after all shoots are their bread n butter.Do the same at your local clay grounds just a card saying your free on such and such a day to help out with what have you

Have a look in shooting times and phone every shoot within  driving distance you use the magic word unpaid to many small shoots thats a godsend atb and goodluck

20 hours ago, clakk said:

Have you tried a card in all your local gunshops most have a sales wanted Ad board ,look on the beaters wanted section here on P.W .Try other forums,not just faceache.The Stalking Directory ,Hunting Life ,look at Guns on pegs even see if they,l run an add for you after all shoots are their bread n butter.Do the same at your local clay grounds just a card saying your free on such and such a day to help out with what have you

Have a look in shooting times and phone every shoot within  driving distance you use the magic word unpaid to many small shoots thats a godsend atb and goodluck

Will do, I will try more of the above.

Scott.

25 minutes ago, labstaff said:

I heard a rumour that kedleston just outside of derby are looking for beaters. If you look on guns on pegs you should find contact details.

I know kedleston as I used to live that way, I will try and contact them. 

Thanks Scott.

2 hours ago, clakk said:

Henry O is after beaters Friday m8,if not how far would u travel?

Hi bud, cannot commit to anything this week as I have a bloke coming to look at my car tomorrow as Its up for sale. 

I don' know about distance really, maybe a half hour drive.