Another old codger

crazycooker

6 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

If he has 6 counts of possession against him does that mean there were 6 guns that were illegal and the rest were still deactivated or obsolete caliber?

That was my thinking..... otherwise what’s the point in only taking six into consideration as surely if there were other they were either dropped or as you say, deacts or obsolete 

On 15/11/2017 at 17:00, walshie said:

Bad press for who? Silly old codgers who keep illegal arms? It's not bad press for me and my legally held stuff. 

You are correct, but you are banking on the mob ( general public) being able to differentiate between you and this crazy codger. I don't have any faith that the mob would manage that, or want to in ban it Britain. 

Antis gun folk will be rubbing their hands. Mainly at the GPs ignorance and their ability to peddle lies to achieve their end game.

21 hours ago, Highlandladdie said:

You are correct, but you are banking on the mob ( general public) being able to differentiate between you and this crazy codger. I don't have any faith that the mob would manage that, or want to in ban it Britain. 

Antis gun folk will be rubbing their hands. Mainly at the GPs ignorance and their ability to peddle lies to achieve their end game.

Absolutely.

Which is why one would expect any "Shooting association" to be all over stories like this.

It seems nothing regarding firearms can be reported in the USA without an opinion or comment from the NRA.

Quite the opposite here, who's correcting inaccuracies and presenting the respectable face of legal gun ownership?

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

Absolutely.

Which is why one would expect any "Shooting association" to be all over stories like this.

It seems nothing regarding firearms can be reported in the USA without an opinion or comment from the NRA.

Quite the opposite here, who's correcting inaccuracies and presenting the respectable face of legal gun ownership?

As far correcting inaccuracies are concerned Our shooting organisations can’t do anymore than you or I. They can contact the relevant media and point out the innaccuracues, but how would the general public get to hear of it? The media certainly wouldn’t give it the same exposure they gave the misleading article ( if they even printed a retraction or correction ......which they wouldn’t ) so how would our shooting organisations correct that info’ to the extent the general public would be made aware?

its down to each and every one of us as individuals to contact any and all media which print garbage and let them know that their info is not only inaccurate but downright deliberately misleading at times, in cynical attempts to atttact revenue. And that we know that is why they’re doing it.

The only problem with this, is that very very few can be bothered, but funnily enough can be bothered to post their discontent on forums such as this.9

There’s nothing as easy as doing nothing. We get what we deserve.

3 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Scully,

It's about having a press office like a pack of terriers.

Try finding an animal cruelty case in the national press without a comment from the RSPCA.

The RSPCA has wealth and influence and connections to the sympathetic ear of the media (who are all too ready and willing to stick it to who they perceive as the establishment ) our shooting organisations can only dream of.

What good would it do to BASC, CA or the NGO having a press office like the proverbial pack of terriers without anyone who cares to report it? 

Like i said; there’s nothing to stop hundreds of thousands of shooters complaining. But they wont.