New Discovery Sport

Alex1Nat2

My dad had one. He loved it. Real fuel was just over 40 I believe. It was a great car, however.... 

It ended up being 6months old and in the garage for around 2 months due to the 'Adblue injector sensor wire' snapping straight off. He was given a Disco 4 in the time it was in the garage and subsequently changed the sport for a D4 and he says its the best car he has had and hasnt had any issues with it. 

My dad has said though, he would buy another Disco Sport when he wants to down size as it really is a fantastic car.

If you get a good one you wont be disappointed! Just double check on the Lumbar support as iy didnt come standard on the SE Tech we had which was my dads only real critisism. 

Dave. 

Also, its great in the mud..

27 minutes ago, WinchesterDave said:

My dad had one. He loved it. Real fuel was just over 40 I believe. It was a great car, however.... 

It ended up being 6months old and in the garage for around 2 months due to the 'Adblue injector sensor wire' snapping straight off. He was given a Disco 4 in the time it was in the garage and subsequently changed the sport for a D4 and he says its the best car he has had and hasnt had any issues with it. 

My dad has said though, he would buy another Disco Sport when he wants to down size as it really is a fantastic car.

If you get a good one you wont be disappointed! Just double check on the Lumbar support as iy didnt come standard on the SE Tech we had which was my dads only real critisism. 

Dave. 

Also, its great in the mud..

Thanks for the info Dave

• 2 weeks later...

We have recently changed a Freelander 190bhp, was looking at the Disco sport but in the end changed for an X3 3.0 as was not keen in taking a drop in power, and have no complaints. The only thing I would be careful is have heard a few issues regarding the electrics, I know of one guy who has had one 6 months and it is on stay 11 at the dealership and still no closer to getting the fault resolved guess this could be an isolated case and yes if they would have done one with more power it would probably be a Disco Sport in the yard instead of the X3

58 minutes ago, Nick_MSM said:

Competizione, bought it a few months ago for the wife. She isn't that keen on it but I think it's great fun, full of character.

Looks a fun little car, I’d need one for each foot. 

180bhp from a 1.4 in such a small car no wonder you like it. 

• 4 weeks later...

The rental company I work p/t for runs quite a few D/Sports and a high % have had electrical problems - we do courtesy cars for JLR and have heard quite a few scary stories from owners we deliver replacements to. A couple have thrown up their hands in horror when we arrived with a like for like replacement. I had one simply decide to stop halfway across lights - it decided to brake and turn engine off without any intervention from me. Scared the lady behind!! I love driving them but would not consider buying one. One fleet owner with 5 of these who we see regularly (!) says 4 are perfect but no5 is an absolute dog.