televisions

ips

8 hours ago, grrclark said:

There likely will be, but from an obscure brand and you are sacrificing across the board.

A seperate TV with tuner and seperate PVR/DVD is the more quality focussed choice.

you may be correct, I cant find anything on my searches.

My TV has Freeview and so called 'Smart' etc - and can I believe record to USB stick (never used that bit)  It is a fairly basic Sony, but they are all much the same.

I have a separate DVD/BluRay which I use for recording programmes and playing DVDs.

Few minor bits of advice based on my experience;

1. decide what size you want as they are available from maybe 24" to over 60", and you can now get quite big ones relatively cheaply - how big depends at least partly on room size.
  2. the HD bit of Freeview does give a significant picture improvement if on a larger screen, even though it only does about 6 or 8 channels in HD in my area. I think it is worth having and most TVs have it anyway
  3. IF you go separate units (TV and DVD), having the same make usually means one remote does both - which is convenient.
  4. Freeview by aerial works fine, but does need  reasonable signal and an indoor/loft aerial may not be good if you are in a marginal coverage area.  Mine is OK (just) in the loft with a booster at the aerial - but I do need that booster .........