40 in Feb

roadkill

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Big mistake being born in February! now if it was August/September time.......a day (or better still two!) at the Grouse would be my choice:good:that's what my missus bought me for my 60th.....with the bonus of a morning on the high tops after Ptarmigan!!

50 next year in mid spring, but hopeful of a day's driven Grice as me pressie.

17 hours ago, roadkill said:

yep it creeped up on me and i'm turning 40 next year, the wife has asked me what i want! Cant really tell her a young blonde with big assets haha

Thinking about a shooting fishing ferreting package in Scotland somewhere, anyone have any ideas or recommendations? 

Roadkill

Tell the Mrs you want a shooting, fishing and ferreting package in Amsterdam ?that way - after your country pursuits you can have that young blonde with big assets.... win win. 

52 minutes ago, kyska said:

I always get well looked after by the good wife, however my parents are somewhat difficult to decipher.

without sounding pretentious my parents are fairly well off, father having a lucrative career. 

On my 40th I got a pair of slippers and some beautiful beer, not to be sniffed at, but they are normally more generous, I thought they might of forgotten it was my 40th until I opened the card ?

In context, my sister who turned 40 last month got a brand new car ?

He was asking for recommendations... not personal experiences :whistling:

well I went on a hawk experience, was a surprise that I had already guessed, she wasn't happy about that.

then close family and friends for a small perfect party which was a surprise with 3 bottles of single malt ?

I would say try and do something you wouldn't normally if that's possible, a stalk maybe your only 40 and your misses will want something similar for hers.

went here for a Full Monty,https://tanks-alot.co.uk/

Full day out for Me so i paid a tenner each for my wife and Sis to accompany me inc lunch.

Met an ex Sas man "Colin" for a talk sat on some logs in a wood, then he took us on patrol, every time you missed a booby trap, concealed weapon, sniper in a tree he fired a starting pistol you died and went to the back, i died 9 times on that patrol.

Then driving a few tanks, Apc etc, ended up with Wife and sis in the commanders hacth on a russian tank killer while i gave it everything over some motox type bumps with big mud in the hollows, lots of screaming, was a manual and had the longest clutch i have ever come across, missile carrier,Humvee some clay shooting and a blackpowder experience with some big mortars.

Lunch was great massive tray of traditional grub and no limit on  All day you are scored by staff and the winner gets to crush the car.

At lunch he brought out a gun made from drainpipes that fires oranges using easy start, we knocked hell out of a ford orion at range.

4 minutes ago, Me matt said:

Something like this.......

https://ibb.co/c7iihm

Ah, yes, that does seem to ring a bell. However, I've come to the conclusion that a nice pair of side by side well shaped warm barrels are a damned sight less trouble, considerably less expensive and the enjoyment they give lasts far longer.

My suggestion to the OP would be that instead of wasting some 30 years before he also realises the pointlessness of such expensive frivolities, he gets ahiead of the game sooner rather than later.

Mind you, that is rather tasty! :yes: