Mice!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just checked the diary from this week last year and we had an influx of five over this same week, so yes I will keep my eyes peeled and instruct my 'scout' to spend more time down there.   Keep whacking and stacking.

Yep the influx has occurred and had two more this morning. Checking back three diaries and the same, end of May influx. Killed 5 to 10 and then goes all quiet again.  I'm pretty certain the Old Man couldn't  😃h

Absolutely nothing for months.

No garden intruders at all and the live traps are empty, apart from a fluffy grey cat who looked rather bemused. It was either nosy or attracted by the peanut butter bait.

Once released, it didn't seem too discomforted.

5 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Another big boy 640 grams received a 42 grain lead injection this morning.

3F30F2F5-F60D-4655-98B5-4620591A25FB.jpeg

How do you manage to shoot a squirrel with a 42grain bullet and there's not a mark on it?

Screenshot_20220525-135413_Gallery.jpg.79f382cbbbe96796104f43aec6243871.jpg

I shot her this morning,  big female, 10.5 grain pellet went in at the ear and out through the lower jaw with an almighty whack!

It was certainly a wet and windy one this morning. 

and my new shooting accessory. 

Screenshot_20220525-135303_Gallery.jpg.1999297a909b0e5ee900cd93c7e59345.jpg

I filled up last night and got a tick on my arm!!

42 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well you had a busy day, new area??

Someone was asking to buy head shot squirrels around the Preston area 👍

Yes, I’ve linked up with him. He’s happy to have Rimfire shot squirrels because there’s no residual lead in them for his bird of prey.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

How do you manage to shoot a squirrel with a 42grain bullet and there's not a mark on it?

Pass straight through the heart then there’s nothing to pump the blood out. The exit wound was on the back.
 Head shots and the heart will still pump until it works out it’s brain dead, that can be quite a while and all the time it’s pumping blood out of the wounds, very messy! 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Screenshot_20220525-135413_Gallery.jpg.79f382cbbbe96796104f43aec6243871.jpg

I shot her this morning,  big female, 10.5 grain pellet went in at the ear and out through the lower jaw with an almighty whack!

It was certainly a wet and windy one this morning. 

and my new shooting accessory. 

Screenshot_20220525-135303_Gallery.jpg.1999297a909b0e5ee900cd93c7e59345.jpg

I filled up last night and got a tick on my arm!!

One of the ones I got the other evening has the same in and out 

30D8E7BE-3922-4DB4-A70E-BF2DC44E03F4.jpeg

1 young female taken this morning in the live trap, an absolute bruiser too and in prime condition. 1st live one i've bagged for a while, the Fenn trap has been doing the heavy-lifting of late.

Im still not seeing anything like the same amount of activity I was, this time last year.

You are a busy boy my friend.   Well done.   Getting so we can't see anything below the size of a jumbo down here in Suffolk.   Harvest will improve things.   Squizzles will have to wait a bit.   Baited traps still work of course.

3 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

You are a busy boy my friend.   Well done.   Getting so we can't see anything below the size of a jumbo down here in Suffolk.   Harvest will improve things.   Squizzles will have to wait a bit.   Baited traps still work of course.

I say to SWMBO, I just like going out in the woods. Realistically I think it might becoming an addiction. 😳🙄 Did you get your high seat sorted?🤔

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

One bore this eve shooting over an empty feeder that was full yesterday morning 

What time was it feeding? I might have to try some evening sessions,  but I know it'll be 8ish and probably too late. 

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

What time was it feeding? I might have to try some evening sessions,  but I know it'll be 8ish and probably too late. 

Just after 7 pm only one at this feeder looks like they’re hitting them during the day. I’ll go up about 8 am fri morning 

BA5E7612-0A82-4FF9-9BE9-2901A90A1A34.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just after 7 pm only one at this feeder looks like they’re hitting them during the day. I’ll go up about 8 am fri morning 

On 29/05/2022 at 12:01, Fisheruk said:

I say to SWMBO, I just like going out in the woods. Realistically I think it might becoming an addiction. 😳🙄 Did you get your high seat sorted?🤔

Yes David,  Dougy put me on to a fellah who is brilliant - so he says.   So I went on to his website and found the one I wanted and ordered it and paid for it and waited for it.    And I am still waiting.  Contacted them yesterday and they said everyone else was to blame and it wouldn't be long.   So much for brilliant.