Jump to content

squirrel control


Mice!
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Is there a snore meter fitted ?????  I speak from experience.  Nice job anyway.

Yup know where your coming from !😂👍 it’s plenty big enough to get your head down in ! And thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a couple similar but my main hides are converted IBCs.  If I need to move them I can simply role them onto my trailer or pick them up with the front end loader.  I cut the plastic barrel and lift it about a foot which then makes a waterproof lid and sides.  Nothing like being warm and comfortable. Old plastic garden chair and your good to go.  I put a shelf across the front so my rifle sits there ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have a couple similar but my main hides are converted IBCs.  If I need to move them I can simply role them onto my trailer or pick them up with the front end loader.  I cut the plastic barrel and lift it about a foot which then makes a waterproof lid and sides.  Nothing like being warm and comfortable. Old plastic garden chair and your good to go.  I put a shelf across the front so my rifle sits there ready.

Sounds good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well on the feeder I shot a few weeks back the hinge was tight, obviously too tight/seized for a squirrel,  so I replaced it Monday night,  set up last night and shot this morning. 

The first squirrel came in about 655 along the floor, I'd been there 15 mins so perfect,  it came in, circled the tree, jumped up, jumped down then ran towards me, zigzag and up a tree?? Didn't eat a thing 😳

Ten minutes later another sauntered up, went up the tree and had a sniff, I'd added a handful of monkey nuts last night, it took one, sat back and was shot in the head, bounced, flipped and done, the nut landed on the feeder and stayed there!

Half an hour later and a squirrel came down the feeder tree, pretty agitated at the dead squirrel,  tail going head bobbing but not making any noise, it was probably five minutes before it started to eat bits and looked like settling,  then another came down the tree, causing them both to start circling up and down again. 

Few minutes of this before one picked up the monkey nut, sat on top of the feeder, then went up thectree when the other squirrel came towards it.

Which meant the other squirrel got shot. 

Few minutes after the other came down and played eye spy at the dead one before taking a heavy to the head, so three on the deck then all quiet.

Screenshot_20220601-092130_Gallery.jpg.4bb85b06a57e2fe33b4bc325ce61b696.jpg

The question is what can you see?

Probably thirty minutes later a kit came along, it was sniffing the dead squirrels, went up onto the feeder but didn't lift the lid, wandered around before pausing,  I hit it but it got into the mass of dead trees, I think it moved, I went to look for it but there's just too much stuff down behind the feeder.

So three confirmed one missing on a sunny morning with people still seeing very few in the area. 

Screenshot_20220601-092059_Gallery.jpg.c13bd38a8190e8119f0cfe82f952276f.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the way you shoot and conserve food supplies.  Your seeing far more up there than I am down here.  Very quiet.

Had a few come into our wood as we get every time in these weeks end May early June but gone very quiet again , Mind, since I set my friend up at the other end of the village (150yrds away) he has whacked a bunch up there as well which must be making a mark on the population in this village.  Hordes of little birds, particular nuthatches, feeding for youngsters hard .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Well done mate great result, quack! 

Spot the pheasant 😉

6 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I like the way you shoot and conserve food supplies.  Your seeing far more up there than I am down here.  Very quiet.

Had a few come into our wood as we get every time in these weeks end May early June but gone very quiet again , Mind, since I set my friend up at the other end of the village (150yrds away) he has whacked a bunch up there as well which must be making a mark on the population in this village.  Hordes of little birds, particular nuthatches, feeding for youngsters hard .

Only really me controlling in this area, probably a few more people further away,  and it's been quiet here so 4 turning up was a surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a morning arrived at 7 am went and sat at the oldest feeder took 5 ( could only pick 3 damn nettles ) then moved to the next oldest had 3 off that and a Jay then moved on to the newest that we put up last week and had another 3 , several of the shots I thought I’d missed as I could here the pellet strike the back plates just before the squirrels fell only 1 bore amongst them 

can’t upload photos 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

What a morning arrived at 7 am went and sat at the oldest feeder took 5 ( could only pick 3 damn nettles ) then moved to the next oldest had 3 off that and a Jay then moved on to the newest that we put up last week and had another 3 , several of the shots I thought I’d missed as I could here the pellet strike the back plates just before the squirrels fell only 1 bore amongst them 

can’t upload photos 😡

Pictures are probably too big, screenshot,  crop the gumph off and then upload. 

Sounds like a busy morning indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Was anybody else out in the woods filling feeders at 10pm last night then?

I was last there 25th of May and the feeders have been emptied. 

 

Mine are being emptied every couple of days at the mo ! Even though I took 3 from the garden last week another appeared as I was leaving for work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Mine are being emptied every couple of days at the mo ! Even though I took 3 from the garden last week another appeared as I was leaving for work 

Now they know what time you leave 😳😳🤣

I'm expecting youngsters, but I have to decide whether to go tomorrow morning or Thursday,  weather watch time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mice! said:

Now they know what time you leave 😳😳🤣

I'm expecting youngsters, but I have to decide whether to go tomorrow morning or Thursday,  weather watch time.

Yes shot a few youngens when I was out Friday, weather is not nice here at mo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...