Sign in to follow this  
Mice!

squirrel control

22 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I was starting to get the shakes serious withdrawl symptoms, things have been very thin on the ground lately.

It means you are having an effect 👍

1 hour ago, Fisheruk said:

Great to see you’ve go your permission in South Lakes. Squirrel burgers tonight! 🤔

Didn't have a knife with me to gut him, looked like a small rabbit though so probably plenty of meat on him 

6 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

My understanding is that the females would continue breeding but only produce male off spring. The model would show that by releasing a few hundred gm modified males within a decade the breeding population of greys would be finished. Time will tell.

Could be quite dangerous for the reds, anything GM is highly suspect to me?

2 hours ago, old man said:

Could be quite dangerous for the reds, anything GM is highly suspect to me?

Because it is a genetic modification it is species specific. Reds and Greys cannot interbreed. Things are moving fast in the genetics world.

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Because it is a genetic modification it is species specific. Reds and Greys cannot interbreed. Things are moving fast in the genetics world.

Agreed but still a suspicious old man.

If it works it will certainly solve the problem of the urban tree rat where nothing is done to reduce or eliminate them.  A City, maybe London in the Royal Parks would be a good place to start or any of the National Trust Stately Homes/Parks.

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

If it works it will certainly solve the problem of the urban tree rat where nothing is done to reduce or eliminate them.  A City, maybe London in the Royal Parks would be a good place to start or any of the National Trust Stately Homes/Parks.

👍